web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello,

Please forgive me for the simplicity of this issue, I'm not in the telephone industry but found my way on here :-) Also excuse any improper use of terms!

I recently purchased an office condo in Frederick MD, which is on the first floor of a two story building. I can see in a closet where the previous owners had mounted a PBX system, and had a 66 block, etc. (In fact old 1A3 unit was left laying on the floor, but no phones, etc.) In the same closet, a thick tan wire comes out from the ceiling, with about a fair number of wire pairs coming out at the end of the insulation, and then connects to what I believe is a 6x12 terminal block. (Looks just like this: https://www.suttleonline.com/photos/SE-66B1-6.jpg ).

I was assigned by Verizon two telephones numbers for this condo, which I have had confirmed are the actual numbers I did receive. I can find one of them on the block (I alligator clipped a phone wire and phone to each pair and tried calling my cell phone to see the number). All others are for other people in the complex (oops). Where should I be looking for the other line? Any other advice?

The terminal block does have telephone numbers written by each pair, however, they are not accurate.

Fyi, the office condo I purchased was originally two units, which were joined together by a previous owner. In a closet that is on the originally seperate units' side, their is an identical looking wire coming out of the ceiling going to a terminal block. No luck finding the other number there either...

Thank you very much for your time and comments,

Will

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

If you can't figure it out, we service the Frederick area. Good luck.

-Ken in MD-
www.kyawacomm.com
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
you can call and ask verizon to tag it at the demark , which may or may not be the block in your closet

long term you would probably be best served by establishing a relationship with a local vendor who can advise and suggest things you not think off

I see ken has offered why not give him a call ?

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
I agree with Skip, you will need someone eventually. Having said that, it is also Verizon's responsibility to tag the numbers at the demarc and show you or tell you where the actual demarcation point is.
Mark

I'm going to try saying a great deal in just a few words. This is a project for one person that is basically very simple. It however isn't simple if it is the first time you do it. Give Ken a call and let a tech do what you want done. It will be done right the first time and you can move on to doing what you do.

Based on his post, seems like he has the jist of it. As previously posted, contact the service provider and have them tag the lines.

Shawn
Absolute Communications, Inc.
I went by his suite today. Pretty ugly. It looks like it's been a non-tech free for all over the past 10 years or so. I wish I had my camera. I couldn't even steal a pair it was so bad. I wonder if people have taken out other peoples lines messing in the boxes. I feel bad for the guy as he had no way to know. Good guy. I told him what I think he needed (basically all new) so we'll see.

-Ken in MD-
www.kyawacomm.com

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,374 Shoretel
189,058 CTX100 install
187,410 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 88 guests, and 421 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024