web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
jjjtech Offline OP
OP Offline
Okay... slightly new twist on a Caller ID problem I've been chasing. The problem is actually related to when the 1232 recognizes the incoming call. On lines 2 through 8 the 1232 recognizes an incoming call on the 1st or 2nd ring every time. On Line 1, it is very random (doesn't matter what CO port it is in) and the 1232 recognizes the call on the 2nd to 4th ring. Here are the measurements I got Friday:

Lines 2 thru 8 = 78ma loop current (all work fine)
Line 1 = 49ma loop current

Ring voltage on all 8 lines is about 92V

My perceived CID problem was actually related to when the 1232 recognizes the call. If it shows up on the 2nd ring, I have CID... any ring after that, I lose the CID string obviously.

Any thoughts? Naturally, Qwest says it is a CPE problem...

Thanks,
JJJ

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I'dd put a buttset accross line one and listen if caller id fsk squeal comes in between the first and second ring every time if it doesn't
it wont work right and i'dd point the finger @ quest btw 24-28 ma is what panasonic
would like to see.

jjjtech Offline OP
OP Offline
CID "squeal" is in between the 1st and 2nd rings every time.

I'm debating on what to do about the loop current. The seven lines that are at 78ma have worked fine for two years. It's the "low" one at 49ma that is giving me grief... perhaps unrelated, but Qwest claims their spec is anything above 23ma and below 90ma... They also have no suggestions as to why the 1232 won't recognize ringing on Line 1 with any regularity. This is irrespective of which CO port I have it into...

Color me baffled... I'm about ready to order up another line and, assuming it does not exhibit the same problem, simply disconnect the first and have the phone number changed on the new line!

Thanks
JJJ

is there a alarm jack on the line ahead of
the equipment?

jjjtech Offline OP
OP Offline
No alarm... straight from the DMARC to me... I'm going to get access to the telco closet tomorrow and do some testing from the DMARC and see what I get. I can't imagine it's a pair problem up from there, but you never know.

Thx
JJJ

who knows just being tiped over could possibly cause problems

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
JJJ: You don't happen to be using a solid-state protection device on the lines are you? I had something similar occur on my KX-TD because I was using LED bridging clips so I could see line in use indication at the blocks. They messed up the caller ID. Also, a defective solid-state protector can have the same effect. Just an idea.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
jjjtech Offline OP
OP Offline
Nothing but copper between the DMARC and the 1232... Hmmm... I wonder if something has possibly been bridged across this line (or even half of it) at the DMARC? At the very least, I'm going to try a different house pair and see what happens. I can't get back there now until Friday, but I'll keep you guys posted on what I find... if anything.

Thanks for the suggestions
JJJ

jjjtech Offline OP
OP Offline
Well... I managed to sneak back over today. The DSL was removed from the line in question last night so I was just curious. Amazingly, the 1232 now recognizes incoming calls on the 1st ring and CID has returned as expected. I'll be bum-fuzzled (technical term) if I can explain it, but all seems well now... go figure. I suppose the DSL signal was having some sort of effect on the 1232...

Again, thanks for all of the suggestions and help!

JJJ

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,809
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,377 Shoretel
189,073 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Toner, Keyset6, justbill), 147 guests, and 404 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024