web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi,

I'm in a little trouble because my boss told me to install a ISDN-Fax at our Pansonic KX-TD 1232 telephonesystem. The problem is that I don't know how.

It is a Panasonic KX-TD 1232 with adapted modul for 4SO-Lines (KX-TD 281) and a ISDN-2SO digital super hybrid system (TD- 290?) plugged at the front in the bottomm slot.

I tried some configuration and wiring kombinations given in the manual, but nothing worked.
Does anybody know how to plug/wire and config the system to get the fax working?

Here the things I tried yet:

Wiring at the 281: from bottom to top red, blue. white, yellow (should be 1b, 1a, 2b, 2a) and wired the fax according to this combination.

At the phone:

Systemprogram -> [450] 30 Y-NN (was given in the manual for our config.)
settings in [109] remained default/factory settings: C;C;E1;E2

After a reboot and a short waiting time none of the internal phones worked.

Is there a specific configuration and wiring so that it's possible to get an internal ISDN-Line that has its own MSN?

Another problem is our internal door opening system. We have two wires coming from the door which have to be coonnected to activate the opener.
The system has 5 plugs (two upper and three lower) with 4 pins - I tried every combination and the internal numbers 551 and 671 for door opener and external relais - but nothing seems to happen.

Thank you very much

Wex

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
Hi Wex, first do you have any lines working. if not here are some settings to get you started.if you do dont change the 109 settings yet.

If the pri is new make sure the telephone company has the cr4 siginal on.

The 290 is a pri 30 channel module on the front of system and the bottom 2 pins on each connector is used. top connector is ra + rb the bottom connector it ta +tb sheck on modem which is tx and rx pair.the settings 109 should be s;s3;e1;e2 s = 281 card s3 = 290 card e1 +e2 = ext modules. prog 450 depends on size or pri card 30 or 16 channels use 30 y nn or 18 y yy
in 400 disable 1ines not in use pri start at channel 1 = co 25.

To get a so bus use port 3 or 4 on the 281 internal card and there is jumpers to change to so bus.isdn number set is 012

hope this helps

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
OP Offline
Hi "OBT",

thank you very much for your answer. We have 2 SO Lines (4 Channels - sorry für my ignorance of technical terms smile ) working and we can get and do calls on 4 lines. That is exactly what we want and what works so far.
Perhaps I should explain our problem a bit more.
We have those KT-T7536 and some older system phones hanging on the internal 16 jacks. Works perfectly.
We tried adding some "analog" telephones to the other 16 jacks. Also works.
Now I have to install a ISDN modem in the internal system, so that (e.g.) only calls to the numer 12345678 are directed to one line. That's the point. I do not know where and how I can add such a ISDN module (ISDN-Telephone, Modem and so on).
I thought that this internal 281 card is used for reinterpreting the signals and giving me 4 internal SO Lines (for ISDN-Fax, -Modem, -Telephone). Btw. the jumper on the card is set to S0 - the other option is EXT - does that mean Extension so I can add some ISDN Extensions?

It would be very nice if you could help me.

I'll try dto redo the settings (I've done so much in the past days) you gave me above - thanks again.

Wex

Hallo Wex,
The jumper on the card is there only for wiring. You have to program the ISDN port to extension. For Germany is this programnumber 422.
This is the info from the software:
Betriebsart [422]
Legt die Betriebsart der S0-Ports fest, d.h. hier erfolgt die Einstellung,ob ein Port
als "Amtsleitung" oder als interne S0-Schnittstelle genutzt werden soll.
Bei der Einrichtung sind alle relevanten Betriebsparameter (Schicht 1
und 2, Konfiguration, TEI-Vergabe usw.) unbedingt zu beachten, da
ansonsten ein zufriedenstellender Betrieb nicht gewährleistet ist.
Wenn außer einer Amtskarte gleichzeitig ein Modul KX-TD286 installiert
ist, so ist zu beachten, daß die Ports #1 bis #4 (bei KX-TD281) bzw.
#1 und #2 (bei KX-TD282) "überlappen". Auf der Amtskarte (KX-TD281,
KX-TD282) müssen dann diese Ports auf "AL" stehen auf der KX-TD286
auf "Intern".
Wertebereich: AL oder intern

OP Offline
Okay, cool - thanks for the help - but it did not work.

My Settings so far.
Usually CO Lines 9-12 (on the Phones) are our lines for incoming and outgoing calls (9-10 is the first account from the telephone company and 11-12 for the second).

Jumper on internal Card (the one with 4 S0 jacks) ios on S0.

When I change settings in 450 to ANY values, none of our CO lines works anymore.

I tried the settings you gave me, and nothing works.

Funny, Sys-Program. 440-447 I can set some settings for a 286 - device - what is that?)

Greetings Wex

i would get a real tech in there to sort it out

OP Offline
Come on smile

I installed eveything correctly nearly without manual... Now I'm really hot to get that last bit of it working wink

Greetings

Wex

P.S.: I understand that real techs also want to do their job and get paid, but what if he installs everything and we have a problem - nobody really knows how to handle the system...

in a perfect world you'd get on the phone
with tech support and say hey I tried every
thing I can think of what am I doing wrong or what
did I miss .we really don't encounter ISDN SO lines here bri never really caught on so we will not be much help with your issue. the ksu
I have in front of me doesn't even have pgm 440-447

Betriebsart [440]
Legt die Betriebsart der S0-Ports fest, d.h. hier erfolgt die Einstellung, ob ein Port
als "Amtsleitung" oder als interne
S0-Schnittstelle genutzt werden soll.
Wenn außer dem Modul KX-TD286 gleichzeitig eine Amtskarte installiert ist, so ist zu beachten, daß die Ports #1 bis #4 (bei KX-TD281) bzw.
#1 und #2 (bei KX-TD282) "überlappen". Auf der Amtskarte (KX-TD281,KX-TD282) müssen dann diese Ports auf "AL" stehen auf der KX-TD286
auf "Intern".
Bei der Einrichtung sind alle relevanten
Betriebsparameter (Schicht 1
und 2, Konfiguration, TEI-Vergabe usw.) unbedingt zu beachten, da ansonsten ein zufriedenstellender Betrieb nicht gewährleistet ist.
Wertebereich: AL oder intern

441: Schicht 1 = pro verbindung (ISDN Layer 1)
443: Schicht 2 = pro verbindung (ISDN Layer 2)
442: Protocol = M-MP
444: ISDN Tei = automatic

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,280
Posts638,742
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,346 Shoretel
188,180 CTX100 install
187,022 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
jc2it 4
dexman 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (newtecky, nortelvoip), 99 guests, and 100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024