web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi everyone.

I've recently picked up a KX-TDA100 for a large home / business install for my family.

I'd be happy for any advice on any of the following items :

* All the KX-7630 handsets (all bought at auction) are all missing their little ID cards / clear cover that goes over the button panel

* The PBX shipped without any Management Console software - I'm a little miffed that that local Panasonic rep policy is to not supply it (you have to pay them to do the work) even though if I bought the machine new it comes with the software

* I'm looking for OPB3 & DPH4 cards so I can add some door phones

If anyone can recommend sources for hardware / software / firmware it would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers, Antony.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
Antony.
First the cards can be printed on a standard printer with excel. the plastic would have to be ordered from Panasonic

second the software does not come in the box for programming this is a dealer and certifed techs only software.

You may get the door card the same way as the system, but unlikley through any dealer as Panasonic are very strict on the system being set up by certifed techs, and they could lose the dealership for giving out the software.

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
OBT is right. I recommend having a dealer come in and set up the system for you. Once installed and working, there is quite a bit that can be accomplished in user programming and can be performed through the phone. Good luck!

OP Offline
Someone recommended Desi for the plastic inserts but sadly they don't do them for that model (although they offered to make some if I could send a sample).

Setting up a template in Excel worked nicely and some clever laminating / trimming has made great replacements.

I understand the dealer / training argument to a point. Having spent plenty of time working on older PBXs (Panasonic and others) I'm just keen to avoid forking out big $$$ to a so called tech (frequently just a kid with a manual and the SW).

I'm waiting to hear back from Panasonic to see how insane (time/$$$) it is to do TDA training and become an official tech.

Cheers, Antony.

OP Offline
Surprise, surprise the local agent is keeping outsiders at arms length. They'll only train sub-contractors, not outsiders.

On another path : anyone got a source for the Amphenol connectors (Centronics 50 pin style with a 90° entry) so I can make up some custom leads?

Cheers, Antony.

do a google or yahoo you'll find them.

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 152 guests, and 239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024