Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#164082 04/09/09 03:04 AM
ictelco Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a customer with a retail shop that has an elevator from the main level to a lower level, and by state code the elevator has to have communication to someone who will answer 24hrs a day in the event of an elevator problem (stuck). The current set up is: analog ext on TDA 50 that the Wurtec elevator phone dials 9,Nxx-xxxx. That happens to go to the routine police business office. The elevator phone is being abused by kids pressing the button, and the police are not happy with the number of calls from the elevator.
Here's my thought. Set up an ICD group and a GDN button with unique ringing on the phones in-house. Set the elevator phone to work as though it is a ring-down circuit. Program Pick-up dial at that ext. to dial the ICD group number, with an overflow no answer to a virtual ps registered ext that is call forwarded all calls to 9Nxx-xxxx on a ring delay. This would allow store employees to answer the elevator during business hours, and call off-site during non business hours.
Any ideas on this?
Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#164083 04/09/09 03:20 AM
IC, that may work well providing you can get the local authority to approve it.

This really shouldn't even be your problem.
What would the police or fire departments do if this were a Viking or a Rath MicroTech installed by the elevator company that dialed direct,
call the elevator company and tell them that their emergency phone is being abused?
Sounds like the PD is passing the buck here.
------------------------
MrG

#164084 04/09/09 05:43 AM
ictelco Offline OP
OP Offline
Seems like the buck stops here.
The idea is to try to save the customer some money.
The elevator phone was installed by the elevator company. They, like credit card reader providers, said "you need an analog dedicated phone line" to the tune of $40.00 per month average. Then the security monitoring company wants another $40.00 per month average to answer the elevator phone.
With the ability to use analog port on the TDA, the slt's work great including the elevator phone. The PD,I think, has a policy that the customer is charged for trips with false alarms.
I will have to check but I think current code for here is that if someone presses the button in the car, it has to contact someone that will answer 24 hrs. a day, whether that is the hospital operator at a hospital elevator, the police dept, or somebody's mom.lol If that is correct, a store clerk answering should be ok.

#164085 04/09/09 06:30 AM
OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
over here, we have to give a dedicated line or they wont commision the lift.
I think the dedicated line hase a big flaw, in that the only way they know the line is faulty is when some one trys to use it.

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
#164086 04/09/09 08:16 AM
Make sure it is a power fail line connected to the KSU in case of a power outage. Your local/state code will probably require this. Keep in mind, whoever is responsible for the connection will be the first one listed on the lawsuit should something happen.

Richard
AVAYA-NORTEL-SAMSUNG-PANASONIC-MITEL
www.acceleratedtelecom.com
#164087 04/10/09 02:01 AM
OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
you should have the number to dial out without the 9 or hotline the extension in case of power failure, even with powerfail line the lift phone would dial 9

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,288
Posts638,794
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,351 Shoretel
189,001 CTX100 install
187,391 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 131 guests, and 404 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024