Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#164791 08/05/09 01:40 AM
keli Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi, It my first Panasonic install, so bear with me if I'm asking something stupid.

I have a brand new KX-TES824CE, with no expansion modules at all, one KX-T7730 and a couple of SLTs (namely Panasonic KX-TS500RMs)

In short, the KX-T7730 rings, but none of the SLTs do. I can hear the clicking noise in the PBX, but the phones probably do not get the ringing voltage. If I lift the handsets, the call is made and I can speak through the SLTs normally.

Everything else is functioning as expected, calls going out, coming in (the SLTs don't ring, but if I know there's an incoming call, I can pick up the line) etc. Resetting to factory default [999] does not help either. The phones have been verified to ring directly on the CO line. Moving them to any of the extension jacks is all the same, no ringing.

I think I've read most of the manual and searched the Maintenance Console's options up and down, but no luck.

Is there something basic configuration option I missed, that enables ringing on SLTs or is simply the PBX faulty, and this is a warranty issue?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Are you using 1 pair line cords?

Check Main/Detail. Set for single ring.

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
you could have a faulty unit, sounds like you are connected ok, could be ring gen on system(only used for slt). if you plug a 7730 in the same port does it ring.
is the slt on the same port as the keyset?

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
keli Offline OP
OP Offline
I've tried both 1 and 2 pair chords at first, but then again noticed that the KX-TS500 has only a pair of pins in the middle anyway.

The 7730 still rings in those ports where the SLTs don't.

brokeda I'll check your suggestion too (I'm not at work anymore) but this is probably going back under warranty :|

Keli, on the US versions there is a field for
"paralleled connection", Field 610.
If you have a similar field in your version you may want to try activating it even if the SLT sets are stand alone.
---------------------------
MrG

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
MrG the kxtes does have that option, worth looking at,if Keli is pluging in the slt on with a 7730 at the same time, but will not come in to play if he is putting it in the port on its own.

Keli, what phones are you using, in the UK some phones need a master socket to ring as the ring capacitor is not in the phone, try the phone on a direct line to test if the phones are ok

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
keli Offline OP
OP Offline
I've tested both SLTs used both on a direct line and on other PBXs as well. They work. One is brand new, the other my lab phone so it gets some usage...

Both phones are KX-TS500RMB, where RM I suppose stands for "Romania". That's Eastern Europe, so I guess it's basically a generic European version.

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,315 CTX100 install
187,088 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 164 guests, and 391 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024