web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ictelco Offline OP
OP Offline
Here's a new one that happened to me last week that I thought I would share. I went on site for a TDE 200 to set up an analogue port on a DHLC 8 for a second modem on a fax server, and program a DID to the extension. When I tried to connect to the system,I got an error "system data file access error". System was running fine with no problems, I just couldn't connect using multiple versions of the PCMC tools. After consulting with 3 different tech support people, one said I had a power supply issue, another had heard this error but didn't know for sure what it was, and the third said the SD card was corrupt. This happened last Thursday, and Monday morning the customer called in a panic...system was dead!... Sure enough the power supply had failed, and when I replaced the power supply, the SD card wouldn't load. I ended up with a new SD card, version 3, and had to reregister the system, and convert the last saved dssys file and the same came back up.....Beware if you ever see this error, you better get prepared........
Has anyone had issues with the TDA and TDE power supplies??? This is my fifth one to have a problem...
Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
I know of 2 customers with PSU going dead, on the 100. I have got that message on the ncp a few times, but it always got on after 2 attempt

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
strange that one OBT
i have never had a problem with an SD card until this week and on a NCP also i was fit to feck it out the window.
as for power supply Never.

peter (www.vpi.ie)

ictelco Offline OP
OP Offline
The power supply issue so far is only the PSU-M and PSU-L for me. I wondered if the sd card drive in the system didn't have enough power to operate correctly, and somehow corrupted the sd card data. Also if I hadn't tried to connect to the system, would this have happened?

I have had two situations where there was no power period. One where the sets would lose display and lights, but not be disconnected from an existing call. Then one where my ups died, and when I plugged the tda 100 directly into the surge protector power, it looked like the system powered up but would never read the card. This last one, the clue was when I tried to connect, it gave me the error, and 3 days later it was dead. When the supplies have come back from repair, the ticket simply said electrical components replaced. Maybe the factory had a batch of "bad" components.

What I have learned from this is always backup the dssys file, everytime you connect. Always have spare power supplies, and make sure you document the flash rom id to speed up the reregistration process.

Hopefully this won't follow over to the ncp....

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,381 Shoretel
189,087 CTX100 install
187,413 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 124 guests, and 428 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024