Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
twsjd Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi I am new to phone systems and am hoping you guys can help me troubleshoot what is wrong with our voicemail. We where having problems with it randomly going down.

Our phone system is a Telrad Digital Key Bx 128 with 3 system cabinets.

We where also having problems getting the voicemail computer to boot up at all. We had temporally solved it by replacing the Power supply, hard drive and memory and it worked for a while. This computer is a Pentium 133 and has 8 port voicemail cards in it the version is 6.00. This is the computer we where using when it would randomly go down.

Our local telrad support thought that the computer was shot along with the voice boards so they sold us a new computer. This one is a 486DX2 80Mhz version 5.00D and had different voice cards in it than our other computer.

After this computer was installed we started having problems with our voicemail going offline everyday at around 1:00 - 1:30PM. So we called the local tech back and they replaced the OCD card this had no effect and neither did moving it to different slots or cabinets.

I took it upon myself to order the manuals for this system as well as another OCD card from Sundance. I replaced the card and it works but the system still goes down everyday between 1:00 - 1:30PM. I was going to order some new MIM modules from Sundance and talked to the sales guy their. He said that it could be the Maintenance on the voicemail computer. I checked that and it is set a Sun 3:00am so I don’t think is the problem.

What else could be causing this?
Should I order new MIM modules?
If so how many do I need for an 8-port system?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, as our local support would rather sell us new Toshiba system than to fix what they sold us 6 years ago. Let me know if you need any more information. Thanks in advance for the help.

I also have the programming cable and software.

Jon

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Administrator
Administrator
The Imagen uses DVC cards and having found this issue before its not usually the OCD it is the DVC data connection. You have 2 4 port cards (8 ports) do both have data (DB9) connections? If so you can move the data connection to the 2nd card and this may resole the issue for the time. What software level is in the system?

twsjd Offline OP
OP Offline
it has 2 2-Port cards but their are only 3 DB9 cables. The software level on the system is 6.00 somthing.

Administrator
Administrator
OK there is your problem. You can not use 2 2port cards the system will fail. And your voicemail software should match the system level software. Also the last ver ImaGen software for release 6 was 6.01E it had the last fixes. Maybe you time and efforts ($) would be better spent looking at a new IPeX (Telrad) processor with onboard EmaGen voicemail. No more OCD, MIMs or PC's with ISA slots and failing harddrives. This would also upgrade the system to the latest, be IP ready and be way more cost effictive than a forklift overhall.

twsjd Offline OP
OP Offline
I am sorry i meant 2 4-Port cards. I was trying to find the actual system version and i did find SB6.05 on the System Utilities Menu but where does one look to find the version. I was exploring the option of doing a telrad upgrad but acording to telrad's website their are no authorized dealers in Minnesota. Thanks For your help SSphone.

Moderator-Telrad
Moderator-Telrad
SB 6.05 is the version of the phone system end.
See if rebooting the computer fixed the problem until the next morning. If the Computer isn't shutting down. Make shore the ivm program is still running but you have no access to the voicemail.
Goto 5.50e and your problem should be solved. But you will have no MSG MONITER FEATURE. Don't even program it on a phone.

You also should go with the 6.XX software on the IVM

No need to go with another system. I'm surprise that your dealer would try and sell you one and even a new ivm computer (he should have sold you an IPEX). What is here going to do when the Tobisba has problems.
Poor support by that dealer!!!!!!!
Might want to look for another dealer.

jd Offline
Hi
you say in first post that the computer is a pentium 133
and that the company replaced this with a 486 dx2
which is even older than the one that you had
chances are that the computer that you are using now is as bad as the one you replaced
the problem is trying to get a pc with an isa slot for the voicemail card
are you sure that voicemail is going down or are people just saying that when they ring between 1 and 1:30 they get no answer which might just be a timer setting in tennant

also we had some problems with old pc's
check fan on power supply
also check fan on processor(on 486)there is only a heatsink
check power management on windows as well as in BIOS
jd

twsjd Offline OP
OP Offline
I know the computer is slower we just needed to get it working and that is what was available to us. I am sure the voicemail is not working because when you dial the voicemail access number you only get a busy tone and when you look on the computer it doesn’t see any voice ports. The only way to get the voicemail to work is to reseat the OCD card and about 5 minuets later you can look and all the voice ports are registered again. I have tried just rebooting the computer and it never recognizes the ports until the OCD is reseated. I have about 100 scrap computers ranging from 386 to 800Mhz that i can use for parts what motherboard works with the isa cards?

Thanks

Moderator-Telrad
Moderator-Telrad
Does it say AVC or DVC in system config on the voicemail end. Number 5 (not sure about the wording)on the IVM application menu. If it says AVC you have the wrong Software you need 4.00k. If it says DVC goto 5.50e. I have both if you need it!!

If the computer is still running I don't think it's a harware problem.

Look in system utllites, EHU messages and see what's accaully turning off.

We have had good luck with ASUS motherboards.

TG
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  SSPhone 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,732 Shoretel
189,792 CTX100 install
187,936 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (hbiss), 106 guests, and 322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024