Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#174484 03/15/07 03:19 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
We have an older Telrad system at our main location which has an AIP 30 card which connects over a T1 to our remote site which has a Helix 20 Gateway system. Currently we are limited to 16 Avanti phones and I would like to increase the phones to about 20. We've had the Helix system for over 3 years and it has worked very well. What's the best way to increase the number of phones at the remote site? We also have an older VM system which (from other posts) I believe could be upgraded using an IPEX card. Would the IPEX card give us any additional options for VoIP? Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Administrator
Administrator
There were 4 options on the Helix Gateways. 8,15,16 and 30. If your Helix 20 is a typo and it is a 30 it is as simple as adding the phones and programming the system. If it is a 16 that is a whole different story. Due to EOL (end of life), cost and the upgraded features of the TVsE the AIP and Helix have been discontuned. Telrad is offering on a case by case bases a upgrade package. You would need to contact a Dealer to have then find this info out for you.
Advantages of the IPeX are on board EmaGen voicemail, easy software upgrades on both the system and voicemail. Voicemail is networked allowing for easy management and features like unified messaging. All IPeX processors after E2E-3 are 384 port processors and a licensed in 32 port increments. Voicemails can be licensed from 4 to 28 ports. The TVsE+ is a 96 end point VoIP card, with options like softphones, Web Portal and Connegy Dialer.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Our Helix definitely has a maximum of 16 phones. If I found a used Helix could I add that to the remote site or would I need another AIP card too?
It sounds like even if we upgraded to an IPEX card, we would still need a phone system with a TVsE+ card at the remote site. Is that correct?
Is there any way we could upgrade to the IPEX, keep the Helix and add some IP phones? I am just trying to understand our options, I appreciate your advice. Thanks.

Administrator
Administrator
FMPC
You really need a Dealer to look at this and maybe you already have, I would offer my services I sure could use the sell but I am a few hours south of you. If you wanted to keep the Helix/AIP setup you would need to find a Helix 30, you have a AIP 30 so no need for 2nd card. You could put in a TVsE main switch and 4 3015IP phones in the remote site if your internet and LAN are upto the test. The other option is IPNet trunks that is where you would need a 2nd cabinet and processor (MPD2 would work fine as you dont need a 2nd voicemail) ULD card and a TVsE and Licenses.

Moderator-Telrad
Moderator-Telrad
I would upgrade to IPEX and added a TVSE card, then added the 4, 3015ip phones in location 2 with the exixsting helix. The helix I'm sure has been discontinuted and might be hard to fine (plus it's windows NT). You will be able to keep your existing Helix unit you already have. The TVSE card can go up to 96 EXT, so you won't have this problem in the future. You can also put the phones anywhere you have a Internet connections. I wouldn't added another Helix. Go with the TVSE card.
You are going to need a Telrad Dealer for this.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
It sounds like I have two options, adding a TVSE card at the main site (IP phones) or adding a TVSE card at the remote site (phone system). Would I need to upgrade to IPEX for both options? Approximately how much are the licenses and do I need them for both options? If I go with the second option, are there any cards that need to be added to the main system? I can see why Telrad discontinued the Helix/AIP.

Moderator-Telrad
Moderator-Telrad
Site one just Ipex and TVSE, Plus 4 IP phones (for Site 2) and Firmware upgrade on support cards if needed. This side you would be upgrading. That's all you need. For The 1st option.

If you wanted too. You can get rid of the Helix and AIP card, Upgrade site 1 to with Ipex and TVSE (like option 1) and go with another switch in Site Two with a MPD2, TVSE, and ULD's (for Avanti Phones). Then Network the systems with TSVE to TVSE SIP Trunk Networking. For Option 2. There will be no on or off hook voice anounce, You are Trunk netorking the system togethier. It not the same as the IP Phones or the Helix.

Option 1 Is more cost effective and I feel your best solution. You get the newest features and Voice Mail avaible.

Administrator
Administrator
Funny thing I have had 3 calls this week looking for a AIP and a Helix.

Moderator-Telrad
Moderator-Telrad
That is funny.

Administrator
Administrator
Maybe FMPC is checking out his options. smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  SSPhone 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,366 Shoretel
189,041 CTX100 install
187,402 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 119 guests, and 421 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024