web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Dano Offline OP
OP Offline
The problem we have is every few days since this system was installed the Call-1 light will start blinking on all of the phone sets in the bldg. Some phones will have two Call-1 lights blinking others will only have one.
Repowering the system turns the light off but it will come back within a day or two and stay until the system power is cycled or the phone sets are unplugged, wait 10 seconds the replugging phone set and the light will go away.
My tech has said Toshiba advised this is caused by to many Call buttons assigned overall to the system and/or to many call buttons assigned to one phone set. So we adjusted the Call buttons to under the maximum per Toshiba. That did not fix the problem and we still get this light. So Toshiba said buy a new processor to fix the problem. That did not work... still blinking.
Toshiba now says we need to upgrade procesor software to latest version and this "may" fix it although it would be an undocumented fix. In other words there just guessing. Can anyone shed some light on this issue? argue My employer is a bit Po'd at spending all this cash on a new phone system and Oaisys recorder and getting this flashing light in his face reminding him how much he spent on the phone system! My dealer is trying to fix the problem but they are stumped and it appears so is Toshiba. Any help would be appreciated.
Here is the very short list of the equipment we are using:

CTX670
x2 of the BCTU2A Basic Processor (BCTU2A with 64 port, 4 DTMF and 1 Serial License)
Strategy voicemail
Oaisys call logging netphone system
IP card for Voip

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
1. What is the Call-1 button programmed as? A trunk or DN?
2. What type of trunks do you have? Loopstart, PRI, etc.
3. What software release are you on right now?

Dano Offline OP
OP Offline
1. says its "Pool line No. 1" on all sets, it has No Ring for all three positions D1, D2, Nights. This button lights up when you are on the phone with a incoming/outgoing call. When its flashing(problem flash) it does nothing when you press it.
2. Trunk is PRI, under the TRUNK config in Emanager it is setup under the ISDN-PRI page(302 PRI and IP QSIG)
3. System information page says the following:
System type: CTX670
Active software: AR4.10 MN017.00
Standby software: ARP.D.

there was aproblem with pool oine keys on the older software I thiught that the new software was supposed to fix... I never use pool keys, I either use PHDN's or GCO keys

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
I've not had any pool key problems on that software version. Might want to enable FB35 in program 204 for the DKT/IP stations. If that doesn't work for you try deleting the PRI programming and re-creating it.

Dano Offline OP
OP Offline
Will try the FB35 suggestion and get back to you in a few days. Thanks for the help!

Look at the incoming line group, I bet pool key 1 is assigned to the ILG of the trunks.

Dano Offline OP
OP Offline
Hmmm I looked at the ILG and the pool key assigned is 0. This is ISDN
On the OLG there is ISDN and Analog adn the ISDN pool key is 0 and the analog is 1.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,615 Shoretel
189,508 CTX100 install
187,769 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (Yoda), 178 guests, and 370 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024