Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
RRino Offline OP
OP Offline
Is there a way that when you manually switch the CIX into night mode, that it also changes the VM greeting to the night greeting? For instance, if I wanted to leave the office at noon on a friday but the auto day/night service is set to go into night mode at 5pm. I can just manually put the CIX into night mode using a phone with a night transfer button. Can this somehow also change the VM greeting to the night greeting? Using a Toshiba voicemail of course, iES32/16 or an IVP8.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

no, but you could load the night greeting through the phone if you were gonna leave at noon, then change it when you come back in the office. If the night greeting is greeting #2, just log into the mailbox 990 or 991 depending on how it is set up, like you were gonna change the greeting and select the greeting #2 , if #2 is the night greeting. When you select a greeting it loads it.

Could you program a DSS key to do the above task?

no

We use Pilot DN's for this but it is a lot of programming to go through and would require an installer. It also may disable the auto schedule depending on how it is set up and would force you to use your Night key whenever you need to change.

RRino Offline OP
OP Offline
I know I could use Pilot DN's or PhDN's and different VMID's for each, however I was wondering if there was a way to change the greeting in the main answer box 990(iES32). What im concerned about is that we train customers to use these boxes, it not only keeps the documentation correct, but it also keeps things somewhat standard for us, the tech's which makes it easier to troubleshoot should a problem arise. Too bad there wasnt a feature code for the night transfer.

Log into 990 and select the greeting that is your night greeting, when you select it , it will load it for use, when you come back in the office log into 990 and select the greeting that is day greeting

What Steve said, maybe put the vmail string on a one touch. One for day and one for night.

Red Offline
As breed said, the best way to do this is with Pilot DN's. In your DID Form Day2/Night, point the DID to the pilot DN.

The Auto Sch. in the mb is fixed, therefore you must make the change on the CIX side.

red

Originally posted by RRino:
I know I could use Pilot DN's or PhDN's and different VMID's for each, however I was wondering if there was a way to change the greeting in the main answer box 990(iES32). What im concerned about is that we train customers to use these boxes, it not only keeps the documentation correct, but it also keeps things somewhat standard for us, the tech's which makes it easier to troubleshoot should a problem arise. Too bad there wasnt a feature code for the night transfer.
I know what you mean by trying to keep things standard. The phones at our office are answered by non-technical staff that sometimes give advice on how to do simple stuff, like change greeting, based on how we do most programming.

Every situation is different, that's why I always look thru all programming, if it's not one I've worked on, before I make changes.

On the customer side, they usually go by what you tell. them. If you tell them that Box 990 is daytime greeting and 992 is for night, then that's what they will go by. and hopefully write it down some place.

Only thing you can do to make your job easier would be to document. Use the comment area in the mailbox to it's full extent.

There is a way in Token programming to check the status of the Night key, but I think it only works if the night key is on a DSS console. I have not tried to use it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,807
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,377 Shoretel
189,073 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 130 guests, and 420 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024