Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Read my last post again, cbarrows, because I was editing it when you replied.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
I think I misread your post the first time or took an incorrect step. I retried what you said about pressing the speed dial key while it's idle, and got an asterisk mark. I should mention, as well, that the phone I'm now using on this line does not have a speed dial button and I've been substituting the asterisk key as the user guide directed. Before I was using another employee's phone because he was gone, but has returned.

So, provided that the asterisk mark showed up while idle, I retried to code series provided above. Again, when I hit the asterisk, nothing appeared on the display.

Sorry if I'm missing something here, and thanks for the help! Any further advice would be greatly appreciated.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Did you press Redial first before pressing the speed dial select key?

OP Offline
I just tried, with no luck. Here is the full string of commands entered, just to make sure I'm not missing or adding anything erroneous:

Intercom + #604 + 227 (extension) + * + 12 (time of delay) + redial

And just now:

Intercom + #604 + 227 (extension) + redial + * + 12 (time of delay) + redial

As a test, I also tried #602 and after I've entered 227 I get an immediate busy signal. Then I tried #603, and get the same issue as #604.

I've brought out a brand new phone for use on my own extension. As a test, I'd like to clear and reset my own CF-BN. How would I go about this?

And I know I ask a lot of questions, but can this be done on a phone without a display as well? Thanks!

OP Offline
Update: I've broken the CF-BN on my extension that has existed in the office since inception of the system. I've tried all instances of Call Forward options (all calls, busy, no answer, busy/no answer) and all either cut me off with a busy signal after I've entered the extension or sit idle and never program the change. Is this helpful? Thanks!

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
You need to first find the speed dial select key.
Read my first reply above again.

OP Offline
Unfortunately, I have no clue as to how to access the system programming. I've been reading the only user guide we seem to have (Toshiba Strata DK) to get information, but I'm not finding much. Thanks.

OP Offline
Looks like this:

https://www.sundance-communications.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/11/t/003230.html

is the same issue?

A search for Toshiba DK Program 39 brought me to a document with the following information:

Program 39 Flexible Key Assignment
Assigns pre-programmed features and key mapping to selected ports or stations.
You must enable the * key on digital phones by programming a flexible key for Speedial (*).
enter-S39H-S- ___ # ___ - ___ -H-exit
  
Port Number Press LED Feature Code 497 = Speedial
Enter Station port number or range to be programmed. Press the LED\Key to be defined. Enter the Feature Code to be assigned to the LED\Key.

This all seems like even more gibberish to me, as I'm increasingly more lost. Have I at least stumbled upon what you described?

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Yes, that's the right solution. However, I'm still leaning towards the fact that you have the speed dial select key programmed on your set. Do you have a 10-button phone or a 20-button phone?
Btw, when you said you entered the 656 code did you use #656 or just 656?

OP Offline
I'm working with 10 button phones, and I've been using #656. Are Programs, such as Program 39, something that are programmed from the phone, or am I missing a piece of hardware or even software? Sorry to ask so many questions that I'm sure are very basic to all of you; I can't get anyone to service our system due to it's age.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,390 Shoretel
189,113 CTX100 install
187,418 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 123 guests, and 380 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024