Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Ahh...Try swapping out the 10-button with a 20-button just to program the call forwarding. I bet you that the speed dial select button is on one of the buttons 11-20 (most likely 20). And since you were using a 10-button phone, you couldn't access buttons 11-20. It's ok to swap the phones for this purpose because the programming isn't stored on the phone sets. Btw, button 11 is the lower right button and button 20 is the upper right button.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Hmm, it didn't seem to make a difference. Let's make sure I'm doing this right though... I swapped out for a 20 button phone (has an additional 20 button add-on as well) and tried the sequence again: no change. If I pickup the receiver and hit intercom, should each of the twenty buttons display something when I press them? I'm not getting anything on the display for any of the buttons. The phone is model DKT2020-SD if that helps at all. Thanks a ton!

OP Offline
I GOT IT!! I put the old phone back in and it ended up being the 2nd button from the top! Is there a reason why this wouldn't work with the twenty button phone? Thank you so much!!

OP Offline
Kind of got it rather. I accidentally programmed in the wrong extension, so I went back to correct it. However, the * doesn't come up for my extension (212) when hitting the same button as the one that works for the original extension (227). Also, the display shows "CF-BN: 212-227" when I believe it's supposed to show "CF-BN: 212-400". Again, thank you for your continued help!

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Well, 227 is probably the first physical extension number of voicemail and 400 is the pilot number (virtual extension number) for voicemail hunt group. Although you could forward to 227, the accepted practice is to use the pilot number 400. Also, the speed dial select key can be programmed on different key locations for each station. So, just because it's on button 19 on one phone doesn't mean that it's going to be button 19 on another.

OP Offline
Thank you so much for your help! I can't thank you enough! One more quick question - I've also been trying to program the Message Retrieval button on extension 227. I used the sequence: [DN] + #657 + 92 + 227 + Redial. I've set this and #656 to assign the VM a mailbox number, and both programs ended with Data Programed. However, the button routes to our voice mail system greeting. Any ideas would be greatly helpful, but I'm definitely more than happy just having the CF-BN working!

Thanks so much!

Do you mean a button programed to dial the Voicemail system? That will call the voicmail which will answer with the default greeting. Press the * key then enter mailbox number (227) to log in.. It will only ask for your secuity code if you have a message and press the MSG light.

If it says "That is an invalid entry" when you login then the VM box does not exist.

OP Offline
Hmm, ok, let me clarify a little.

All of the existing extensions, when the "msg" light is blinking, go straight a person's assigned voicemail box. When I tried to program the new extension to work the same way, it ended up going to our standard greeting where, like you said, you have to hit "*" and continue with the extension number and security code. I'm trying to skip the step of person "*" so that users simply dial in their mailbox number and code. Thanks!

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
It should be:
#656 91+your extension number+Redial
#657 92+your extension number+Redial

OP Offline
That's what the guide had listed, but it didn't seem to work the first. I'll give it another shot now that I'm a tad more familiar with all of this and see where it gets me. Thanks a ton! And Happy Halloween!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,389 Shoretel
189,109 CTX100 install
187,417 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (C5Z, nfcphoneman), 125 guests, and 360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024