Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
cdex Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi folks, first let me say thanks to all that have helped this ROOKIE!

So, thusfar, I installed Network emanager, removed pop up blocker and gotten default password and user name! GREAT I can access Network emanager.

Now In trying to add our CIX 100 phone system to the Network emanager. I cannot get the system to connect. either through a peer to peer network, or plugged in directly to the system.

There is an IP address taped all over the unit, but i dont know if that is for Voice for for the system.

So, is there something else I should try. I have tried using the default community name found on the manual, but I dont know if this is still valid.

How can I find out the device name to ping for IP address, or find the IP address to verify it is accurate, also is there a way to find the community name?

Thanks once again, you guys are lifesavers.

JCA
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

sph Offline
Since the community name is basically the password for the hardware (which is different than the password for eManager) you're out of luck.

You can use an IP scanner to find all the IP addresses on your network (assuming that the IP address of the CIX is on the same subnet as your PC). Go to download.com and get "Colasoft Mac Scanner" the free version is v1.1 or something. It's very fast and will find all IPs on your subnet.

You can get the IP address of the system from a display phone if you go into program 916.

You can get the IP address for the phone system by getting into programing through the phone , and look at program 916.

sph Offline
Originally posted by Steve Mull:
You can get the IP address for the phone system by getting into programing through the phone , and look at program 916.
Steve (and Jevnick) simplicity wins everytime smile . Now why didn't I just thought of that? :confused:

cdex Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, so If I use the default community name and the IP address that i get from pogram 916 and I enter those into the Network emanager device info, will this then allow me to connect or do I need the specific community name?

Thanks once again Sph, Steve and Jevnick

JCA
sph Offline
Try the default community name first, exactly as written in the doc. In my experience, it is rare that somebody would change this.

cdex Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, I'll do that. How do I use program 916? I have the admin option on my phone DKT3000/3200-series but i dont know the sequence to get to excecute the program.

JCA
cdex Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok firuged out the IP address and gateway address. But Still I cant connect to the darn thing.

I have tried hooking the laptopd directly to the cat 5 cable foming from the system, and through one of our switches... Any other suggestions?

JCA
You will need to use a cross-over cable to connect to the system.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,356 Shoretel
189,023 CTX100 install
187,399 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Bushmills, metelcom), 110 guests, and 44 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024