Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#201660 07/14/10 04:19 AM
Korak Offline OP
OP Offline
Our board in our main system went out. The SIM card also bit the dust. I don't know a lot about the system, and had no idea it even had a SIM card. I found out how to back it up, so I will be doing that once it gets back going.

We are pinched for money at the school, so I am trying to do some of this myself without having our phone company do it all. I have a few questions if anyone would care to help me.

We have an old DOS box that runs perfect voice for VM and such. I am assuming the main system is a Strata CIX since that is what my manual that I have is for. I am using eManager 5.2 to work on the system.

We have a new card and the system is up, though everything is lost, except for the information on the DOS box that contains the mailboxes and such. I located all my trunks by dialing #700? and then 9591122 and have them labeled. I set up a few groups so that the trunks will ring to the correct groups. I have set the office keys up to ring to certain extensions as they should or to Intercomm, grab an outside line to call, etc.

Here are my questions.
1. For the remaining phones which are all DTK 10 button phones, can I set the keys up on one and then copy it to a bunch of others? I selected copy and then it let me type in an extension to copy it to, but that was only for one phone. I will do that for every phone if I need to, but would like to copy it to multiple extensions at one time if possible.

2. How do I get my phone to retrieve voice mails now? I had a message from before this went down and when I hit the MSG button on the phone, it took me to the main attendant. From there I hit *999, extension, and my password and it checked it. Now that there are no messages though, when I hit MSG, it does nothing. I cannot get back to the main attendant. I thought I could just hit *999, but that must not be it. So from here I guess I have two questions:
a. How do I get to the main attendant?
b. How do I tell my phone to check messages? (I assume I have to put a number in on the VM section of my extension, but I am not sure what to put, or where to find what to put)

3. When I use to dial an extension, it would keep ringing unless someone answered or the number 2 was hit, which caused it to pick up on the other end so that you could talk and anyone there would here you talking on speaker. Now when I dial an extension, it does not keep ringing. I automatically picks up on the other end so that I can start talking. I want it to go back like before.

If I can get those three questions answered, hopefully I can get most of my problems fixed and maybe figure some other things out as well.

Thank you for any info.
Scott Mayo - System Administrator
Bloomfield Schools
PH: 573-568-5669 FA: 573-568-4565

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

1. Yes you can copy buttons, when you hit the copy button, highlight the buttons you want to copy by clicking on each one, then select the exts you want to copy to.

2. You need to program the VMID code for each ext. That way when you hit your flashing msg button, the system knows what mb you a trying to log into.

3. There is a parameter in eManager on the DKT tab for each ext, that is Tone Ring/Voice Announce, set that to tone first.

Korak Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks. Got to looking at the multiple extensions. Forgot you can hover the mouse over things and it gives you a description of it so I was able to enter 200-280 to cover all extensions, instead of just typing 200, copy, 201, copy, etc.

Also on question 3, that took care of me. I should have caught that one, but overlooked it.

I am still not sure what to put on #2. I tried putting my extension and was going to test, but then realized that when I called my number to leave a message, the VM never picks up so that I can leave a message. I don't know if that has to do with the VMID also or what. I guess the question I need to know is how to find what number needs to go here. Maybe if I can figure that out then I can also find what I need to dial to reach the main attendant from a phone.

Thanks again for the help.
Bloomfield Schools

On the basic tab you need to have the System Call Forward programmed with an activated system call forward template(look at System>system call forward), you need the VM MW Center Port programmed with the pilot number for vm, and you need the VMID code programmed with the mailbox assigned to that ext.

Korak Offline OP
OP Offline
Think I will pull out the manual and start reading. Am I supposed to run the Wizard under Basic Configuration->VMID Range for any reason?

Also, what is a PDN PhDN and Pilot DN? I see what they stand for, but I am not sure what the difference is. As I said, I am very new to any kind of telephone work. What I know, I have basically learned from logging into eManager and playing there, along with asking questions. smile

Thanks.
Bloomfield Schools

Korak Offline OP
OP Offline
What is MW? I am bad on acronyms and it seems that this whole user manual is acronyms.

I went into System>system call forward and set the Telephone status to 'Busy No Answer' which I assume means if it does not get an answer then to forward it somewhere. There is a Destination1 and a Destination2, but not sure what those are to be.

I see that a Pilot DN is basically a virtual number. So does that mean the system uses one of the unused extensions as a way to contact the Voice Mail? If so then I assume I need to get that set up somehow also. I see the setup there under Adv Config>Station>Pilot DN, but not sure what values I need to put in there.

Maybe with some trial and error, I will finally get it to where the phone will receive voice mails.

Any help is much appreciated.
Bloomfield Schools

You might save yourself a little headscratching and call a Toshiba tech to give you a hand. A good tech should be able to get this all set up correctly and explain it all to you in an hour or less. I can appreciate the fact that money is tight these days and you would like to be able to do this yourself, but a little hands-on advice would really save you time and, I'm sure, money in the long run.

Korak Offline OP
OP Offline
The more that I read on this, I think you are right. This programming manual must think that I already know a lot of things about this system......well, it's wrong. smile

I do have one other question on setting up the keys. If I want one of the keys on the phone to dial an outside number, how do I enter that?

Thanks again.

Bloomfield Schools

Make the button a "One Touch" key. Then you can either program it as a speed dial, ex. SPD201, or you can just program it with the number, ex. 9,5175551212.

Korak Offline OP
OP Offline
From looking at this, I assume the programming actually has to be done from the phone? I see no where to enter the phone number after I select the One Touch. I think these are all DKT2000 series phones. Hopefully I have the manual for those if that is how it is done.

Another big thank you for the help. I am learning. Hoping that I can get our phone people here tomorrow to help me finish the voice mail part out.

Bloomfield Schools

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,593 Shoretel
189,478 CTX100 install
187,628 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024