Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#203045 12/10/10 08:13 AM
OP Offline
I do not want to rub anyone the wrong way (a second time) so I'm going to post an introduction to the question with a request for private replies unless public is OK. smile

I'm working on a CIX100 with an LVMU and recently we had to shuffle our desks around and for the most part the guys doing the move just ran extensions so everything worked out the same as before. We had to change "09 Name to Display" in Station -> Station Assignments, but that was all I was told was touched. (I mentioned this because that's the most likely point where something was inadvertently changed)

Following that we noticed that the VM was acting oddly, we had to do CFB-NA to get the VM working properly. This was annoying because if the person with that on their phone was to go DND the VM would act up.

Then we did a smaller shuffle and suddenly the VM is totally dead. Callers get a default female voice message like "The station you are calling is not available. Goodbye!" *click*

Dialing 450 (the VM extension) just causes the next port on the status screen to increment +1, here's our port status after a "Shutdown, SCANDISK and Restart" and 2 attempts to check the VM:
[Linked Image from imgur.com]

When we try this the LCD on the phone changes for a brief second and then the phone hangs up and goes back to idle. Nothing on the earpiece/speaker of the phone.

We've been using the telco's VM for a week now, it's not the end of the world, but would love to solve this issue today if possible since we now have a working connection to the LVMU. We also have full remote access to the phone PC from a web based service so anything's possible.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
did you change the extn numbers of the voicemail SLT ports?
what happens if you ring each SLT port individually instead of ringing the hunt group pilot?
when you changed the exnt names did anyone change the VMID FB19 or FB22?

Regards
Carl
OP Offline
FB19 and FB22 look good on the DKTs.. FB19 matches the PrimeDN/ext and FB22 is 450 throughout.

SLT 191 and 192 ring without answer..
SLT 191 is called POS and 192 has no name

SLT201-204 are voicemail, and when I call them they all do the same thing, increment the "calls" column but then hangup and return the phone to idle instantly.

Sadly I wasn't involved when the extn names were edited and the person that was swears he just changed that field.

Thanks Carl!

OP Offline
Give people a phone code and they WILL use it..

Not that it fixed anything but we had 2 phones in various states of CF-NA and I just reset both.

Still the same deal with VM attempts immediately disconnected.

When I dial 201 it actually only increments port 1, and that follows with 202 on port 2, 203 on port 3, and 204 on port 4.. Dialing 450 (what we'd normally do to get to VM, cycles through the ports one after the next.

(I hope I'm not too verbose, I just don't want to be that user who omits key info..)

Ext 191 and 192 are likely just analog extensions. POS I would think is point of sale, maybe a credit card machin or something.

Each voiemail port has an extension, in this case it will be 201 through 204, which will correspond to the voicemail port.

The 450 extension is the Pilot number to the distributed hunt group for the voiemail ports. This means that the installer took all the voicemail ports and put them in a hunt group that will distrubute the calls evenly among all the ports, then assigned 450 to that group. Just mant to make sure we have the terminalogy correct for future posts.

So that part is working as intended. The part that is not working is when you call either the indivitual port or the voicemail "pilot" extension. It should ask for a security code, but you say that it plays a message then hangs up. Since the voiemail stopped working, I would be worried about corruption in the database. Maybe you can try to delete then recreate a voiemail box. You will lose the messages (if you can even access them at this point) and greeting.

If you still don't get a prompt for a security code then there may be a bigger issue happening.

The other thing to check is chain done in mailbox 990. If it says 999, change it to 991. Some installers don't know how to make a single box AA correctly.

An LVMU may be still,under warrentee if there are bigger issues, but I do remember that you said that your Toshiba dealer is not responsive. even if it is under warrentee, they may still want to change labor to try and fix it. Usually before they send it back they will attept to load the default settings, which will wipe everything.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
I would be tempted to pul the LVMU out of the system remove the battery link for 10 mins and put back on and replace in the system.
This will default the LVMu and at least when you ring the VM it will play the default 990 and 991 messages.
Mailboxes 200-217 are there by default so you find it works OK, you will of course have to re-record your company AA messages and any personal ones.
I have had to do this on one that was cycling through the ports and you were unable to ring into it, but after the reset it has worked ever since.
Let us know how you get on.

Regards
Carl
Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
I would change the extensions on the voicemail ports to something other than 200 series. Since the VM Pilot is 450, I would change the VM extensions to 401-404. That way there is no conflict with the default numbering plan. Don't forget to change the SMDI Base Port Number in Stsrem Paramerters.

Next time you move people around, just change the jumpers on the MDF. That way No programming will change, and everyone keeps existing extension.

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom
OP Offline
10mins? I pulled it out and set the SW6 jumper to OFF for like 2mins and then put it back in after switching the SW6 back to ON. Took a bit and then it came back but it's still doing the same thing..

When I dial [Intercom] + 450 I get the "Calling Voicemail" for a brief moment on the screen and then the phone goes idle. Same with 201,202..

I'll try and remove the battery completely this time, I just figured the jumper was the right way to do it without prying at the battery.. ?

OP Offline
Ahhh yeah this battery "clip" appears to be attached?

Removing the jumper completely for 10 mins should reset the unit though?
[Linked Image from imgur.com]
EDIT: Hola MPx.. Sorry bout that..

If you default your LVMU, there is going to be some initial setup that needs to be done that is beyond end-user information. Therefore I doubt that its gonna be able to be posted publicly here. If you are serious about getting your vm back up and running in a timely manner you are going to have to enlist the help of a tech that knows this product. Wether you do this through your local provider (which it seems you dont have a very good relationship with) or you get somebody from here to help you, that is your call. As Voyager mentioned, this could have all been avoided by just moving a few jumpers, and would have taken a matter of minutes to complete.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,381 Shoretel
189,088 CTX100 install
187,414 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 126 guests, and 426 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024