web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Nickelz Offline OP
OP Offline
Greetings. Newbie here (end user) looking for some help with a newly installed headset. The headset is a Plantronics CS55 and is plugged into the HHEU2A on my Toshiba DKT2010-SD. Phone system is a Toshiba Strata DK40i.

The headset base unit is plugged into the HHEU port on the bottom of the phone, and the handset is left plugged into the port on the side of the phone.

The call control button on the wireless headset is supposed to answer a ringing line. It does not. The only way I can get a dial tone or answer a call on the headset is to physically take the handset off-hook. It's my understanding that the HHEU card is supposed to eliminate the need for a handset lifter.

How do I get the headset call control button to select a line/answer an incoming call? Does the phone need to be programmed for use with this setup?

Toshiba DK40i system with DKT2010-SD phones.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

When you take the DKT handset off hook, do you have to press a button for either intercom or CO dial tone?
When a call is ringing in, does it flash red or green on your DKT?

Nickelz Offline OP
OP Offline
We have 4 lines. Line 4 doubles as a fax line. When I take the handset off the hook, it automatically selects line 3, or the next available open line (3,2,1). The intercom button has to be pressed in order to use it.

When calls come in, they ring to all 11 phones in the office and flash red.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
What are the settings of the round switch on the side 1,2,3,4,5 of the base unit, there is a A,B,C,D switch as well on the back or bottom of the base unit.

These have to be correctly set so that when you go off hook on the headset it should give you line 3 as you explained earlier the same as lifting the handset.
You could just keep trying different combinations until it works correctly.

As for answering the incoming call it should do the same as what happens if you lift the handset.
so if the phone rings and you lift the handset or go off hook on the headset it should answer the call. This depends on how the extension is setup in the system programming. It can be changed but will need an engineer to do it for you.

I have a CS60 so can compare the switch settings for you but will have to wait until Monday when I am back in the office.

Let me know how you get on

Regards
Carl
I have found I have to use a BHEU headset adaptor in order for the CS55 to answer calls ringing at the set, access a speech patch, or release. I set the round switch on the side set to 1 with Toshiba.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
OK my CS60 is position 1 on the round side switch and D on the bottom switch of the base unit.

Regards
Carl
Nickelz Offline OP
OP Offline
That did the trick! Thanks so much Carlos! I read through the CS55 manual and while it mentions both switches, it doesn't say anything about using the proper combination for it to work. Your help is greatly appreciated =)

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,833 Shoretel
188,978 CTX100 install
187,206 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 79 guests, and 156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024