web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have two toshiba DDCB3a box(didital door control modules) and the phone person already connected the phone lines to the (KSU or KYU) and phone lines connected to door phone (A&B). Now the only thing i cant figure out is where do i connect the phone line on the passpoint express system. Is it connected to DCM? Pics would be nice.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

The PassPOint expressis an access control system. The DDCBA door box controllers and the Toshiba door phones ONLY work wotk with a Toshiba phone system. The Passpoint access control systems use the DCM (door control module) for access points, such as card readers.

Access control systems typicaly do not fuction as intercom systems, although many systems can be connected together to allow access to someone at the door after talking to them. If you had a Toshiba system, for example, they could be connected them to allow you to talk to the person at the door, then press a button which would release the door lock.

Do you also have a Toshiba PBX there? If Toshiba door phones where installed, maybe the previous tenant had a Toshiba phone system and took it with them, but left the door phones.

OP Offline
We have Toshiba digital business telephone model: DKT3220. So the thing on the door where can can talk to someone is connected to this phone via intercom. Now that being said the door strike open/close circuit is separate from intercom and is connected to the DDCB3A. The way its setup is that we can use this phone to send a signal to the door strike to open it. So I believe everything toshiba related is there.

Ok, I understand now. You are using one of the ports on the doorbox controller as a contact closure for a door release. I inititlaly thought you were trying to hook up a door phone to the access control.

I would have to double check the manual. I have installed a couple of them, but it has been a while. It is not automatic. There is some programing on the Toshiba to make the door release work. Obvously the security access control has to be configured also, if that is not already done.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
You need to create a lock relay and associate it with the equipment number of the DDCB.
The set the switch inside the DDCB so port B becomes a LOCK instead of PHONE.

Then program a door lock release No1 onto a handset and you will hear the relay inside the DDCB click when the button is pressed.
Or you can dial #12 and door lock number eg 01.

Regards
Carl
OP Offline
Thanks @newtecky & @Carlos1... Ok so every thing is connected and programed as u mentioned in u post. Now when I press one of the buttons on the phone I do get a signal 5 sec signal to the DDCB port B(lock). I have two leads comming out of DDCM port B. Just need to connect them to open the door.

What I am trying to figure out is where do I connect the wire from DDCB (port B-lock) to ?. Does it connect on the DCM(door control circuit)? Does it connect to the cardreader circuit?

I would think that the cardreader circuit would provide the voltage necessary to operate the door lock unless you are wanting a secondary way of operating the latch for individuals without a proper ID card.

If that's the case, does the cardreader have an input for a NO/NC contact closure to operate the door lock. If not, then I would use the port B wires of the DDCB to power a sufficiently rated slave relay which in turn would power the door lock.

I do not think that the card reader itself will be controlling the door release. It would be the Door COntrol module on the access control. I think dependin on how the door release is wired, if it is N.O. (on 28 and 29) you could wire directly to the same teerminal pins. Otherwise there is a relay call Request To Extit, which wiol release the door, but I will have to double check the wiring on that one.

OP Offline
Thanks @newtecky I connected to "if it is N.O. (on 28 and 29)" and it works now.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Glad you got it sorted. I was unable to help with the passport express system as I am unfamilliar with that uint.

Regards
Carl

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,459 Shoretel
188,320 CTX100 install
187,092 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 145 guests, and 330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024