Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#205056 09/03/11 09:58 AM
sloweb Offline OP
OP Offline
I have an IP5022 (IP5K4-MI EOC software)and I mistakenly set a password in the FB2 field. And now it won't let me blank it. If I change it and save it, it sticks. If I clear it via the Vol down button, it won't save (light also does not turn green). This is not the login password field in FB25. Also, the FB fields do not match the ones in pdf manual (2/11) that I have. Any help is appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Are you talking about programming in the phone? I though I remember FB2 was an IP address (if DHCP in FB1 is off)

You could pick up the handset and hangup to exit programming. Unless you hit hold again it shouldn't save the value.

sloweb Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes, programming in the phone itself. It is definitely FB2 and the FB's definitely do not match the manual. I clear the field, hit hold to save, then hold again. Off hook and then On hook to restart phone - and the password is still there. If I change the password (instead of clearing) the change will stick.

Is there another process to initialize to default values other than XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX That doesn't clear it. I suspect software ver??

Please read the board rules on posting ANY PASSWORDS in the open forum. This is for system security reasons.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
FB1 key starts at the bottom. Are you counting from the top? The admin manual will show you how to initialize the IP phone.

sloweb Offline OP
OP Offline
phonemeister, you are right, the field in question is FB9. My novice mistake. Still the question remains, which password is this referring to? And how can I clear it? The initialization process from the User Guide does not clear it. Is there another process? If so, please send to me.

RATHER BE FISHING, I am confused. There was no password info in the section of my question that was edited. The process I posted was straight out of the USER guide, which is publicly available. I did indeed read the rules before posting. In fact, I read thru posts here for a coupla days looking for a solution before posting.

I think its the IP mobility administration password for allowing you to log in as another user. If you have access to the full IP5000 user guide page 159 gives you a clue. I suggest asking your switch maintainer to take a look.

sloweb Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks to all that replied. Otternose, that is indeed it. The reason it won't let me blank it - is because there is a default value that is not blank! DOH!

It all makes sense now....

Unfortunately, our Toshiba guy is using the default password for IP phones that are publicly exposed - not such a good idea. When I asked him about that field, he said "I dunno, I never put anything there".

You can see why I am trying to educate myself.

Admin
Admin
Sloweb...We usually frown upon step by step procedures for defaulting any set or system as there have been issues with system hacking or inadvertent disruptions due to unqualified individuals using info found on the web. Such detailed info is reserved for the private forums such as installers and proshop.

Glad you found your answer....welcome to the forums. welcome

[Linked Image]
I would have thought it was the passcode for external admin, since it is pretty close tot he Upper/Lower IP address setting for admin. I will check a phone tomorrow.

Even with a code, remote admin is disabled unless you put in IP addesses in the other fields. There is a field for a passcode to automatically login to a phone that uses IP mobility. I thought it was in the FB21-30 area, but I thibnk I will check a phone tomorrow.

If the phones are behind a firewall then they are not publicly exposed. The PBX IP card may be exposed, but usually the risk is retty low unless someone was trying to connect a Toshiba phone to that IP address, and knew what extension to use.

sloweb Offline OP
OP Offline
Free, untraceable phone calls (or calls attributed to another source) would be pretty high incentive. Other remarks regarding ports etc via PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,372 Shoretel
189,056 CTX100 install
187,410 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 103 guests, and 421 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024