Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Leo-JBI Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello,

I have some Toshiba DKT3220-SD phones.

I understand there is a "feature" that allows phones to be automatically answered? If so, how do you turn it on/off?

I have users that complain that they can be having conversations with co-workers & clients and not be aware that a caller is on speaker. How do I make certain that each call is received by the traditional method of the phone ringing and requiring someone to pick-up the handset?

Leo
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Admin
Retired Admin
The Toshiba DKT3220-SD is a telephone set. The information we need to help you is the type of Toshiba SYSTEM you have. This can usually be found on either the front or side of the cabinet.
Hi Leo,

It could be something like Toshiba Strata 280 or CIX 40 or ...

Also what you are asking really needs a professional Toshiba technician to see if the "parts" you have in your system can accomplish what you want. Also the programming is not for the Novice. Do you still have the information regarding the company who installed you system?

The reason we need more information is because the question is like asking the guy at an Auto Parts store. "I have an engine and I was wondering how to change the radio stations."

Okay not really, but I think you get the idea. wink

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
It can be done in programming by disabling the handsfree answer back feature.

If you have an old system like the DK280,DK40,DK424 then it will need to be done via a handset programming and by someone who knows what they are doing.
If it is a more modern system like the CTX or CIX range it can be done via software on a PC but again you will need someone to do it for you.

Both jobs are fairly straight forward and shouldn't cost you a lot to get done, just make sur the engineer knows Toshiba systems.
It could be done remotely if you have the correct hardware installed in the systems also.

Good luck with it

Regards
Carl
Leo-JBI Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry about that…

I am using Toshiba CTX system with the Stratagy ES & eManager software.

I am an IT guy that has supported a Nortel system for years. However, the Toshiba system at my new place is new to me. But in the past, I have never had to have someone come out to conduct simply changes to the functionality of the phones.

Dean, for me its like someone coming up and saying; "I would like to change the background image on my computer desktop and my response being - OK - I call our consultant, he should be here in a few days."

Hence, it really should not be that complicated.

Leo
If you are familiar with the emanager software, look at Station > Station Assignements > DKT tab > 05 Tone Ring/Voice. This should be set to Tone first on each of the extensions you want this on.

Leo-JBI Offline OP
OP Offline
THANK YOU TRAVIS!

Heaven forbid...but why would I ever want someone to just start talking without me being aware they are on the phone! I am sure someone somewhere has a need…

Thank you everyone for your response!

Leo
There is a BEEP letting you know someone has called you ?

The intercom handsfree answer is a feature for internal calls within an office to be able to talk back without having to pick up the phone. many people like this, other people do not.

There is a beep, and it is usually customary for the caller to announce to the called party.

Another option is to allow the voice over the speaker but leave te mic off until the person picks up the phone. Also, the voice or tone first option can ctill be changed by the caller. When they call a ringing phone, they can press 2 or the soft key to change to intercom, and when calling with the voie 1st, they can change to ringing by pressing 1.

Your comparison to tech support is not quite the same. Since emanager is not designed to be a user interface, it would be more like the user asking to change some display options by using REGEDIT. Most people don't have access to eManager and can not make most changes like this on their own.

Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Originally posted by Leo-JBI:
Sorry about that…

I am using Toshiba CTX system with the Stratagy ES & eManager software.

I am an IT guy that has supported a Nortel system for years. However, the Toshiba system at my new place is new to me. But in the past, I have never had to have someone come out to conduct simply changes to the functionality of the phones.

Dean, for me its like someone coming up and saying; "I would like to change the background image on my computer desktop and my response being - OK - I call our consultant, he should be here in a few days."

Hence, it really should not be that complicated.
Now with more information, I see that you are not a wide-eyed devonian slime worm* over their head. Revealing a little more detail make all the difference.

*That's a STO^ joke.

^Star Trek Original Series.

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
Leo-JBI Offline OP
OP Offline
Newtecky…

My understanding from your message is that a user can potentially turn on the feature by "accident" (by pressing a particular combination of button)? I am wondering because if this the case - I would like to show them how to avoid it.

Of course you know users? If there is a beep, half will say they did not hear it. However, one individual that reported the problem was experiencing the caller(s) just start talking (I was present for his demo)...it did not happen each time but it happen often. The problem went away by just turning it off which makes it one less problem for me to worry about.

In regards to support...you know most users have a basic set of functions that they use. If a "feature" appears that they do not desire they just want it turn off. Going back to my example. It would be like me saying that I have to go back to the server to change the image on your desktop. Yes, in some environments it's the case. But, users should have some controls over their work tools.

Thanks for your input

Leo
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,285
Posts638,781
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,758 Shoretel
188,951 CTX100 install
187,190 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (erniejoey, nortelvoip), 109 guests, and 169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024