Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#209713 04/08/06 07:53 AM
OP Offline
NEW KSU NEW FAX PROBLEM!!
Well folks I know some of you have said you've used the STSe's fax detect circuit, but I'd have to say I'll never try again. To sum up OLD problem: fax would work for awhile than the detect circuit would quit detecting fax and just ring until it transferred, system reset would fix it for awhile. NEW problem get a couple faxes than fax extension just starts ringing, trip it, get DT hang up (from buttset, fax removed) starts ringing again. System reset, works a few times than back to ringing until system reset. I have had it, calling Vodavi Monday to see if they will wave all the fees for this new KSU when I send it back. This has cost me a lot of money and time, I would NOT recommend the internal fax detect circuit when selling this unit. So now I give them a fax detect unit to put ahead of the system and forget this mess. Vented still P.O.'ed.

Retired phone dude
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#209714 04/08/06 10:55 AM
Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
I have had more problems with the STS sytems. I stopped selling them. They are OK if you have No Voice mail or Fax

#209715 04/08/06 11:31 AM
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Well Bill, I wish I could help you. As I stated a couple of months ago, we use it and have no problems. Are you sure there is nothing on that line that could be causing issues? Have you totally taken the fax machine out of the equation?

Of course (as you know, Bill) the best thing is for the customer to have a dedicated fax line.

Originally posted by ttech:
I have had more problems with the STS sytems. I stopped selling them. They are OK if you have No Voice mail or Fax
Not sure what your problems were but we've had great success with the STS with our without voicemail. The only place we've used the fax circuit is at our office.

#209716 04/08/06 01:07 PM
OP Offline
Sorry Larry, that's my frustration showing. I'm sure it's the fax detect circuit, I checked all line parameters, loop currents a little high, but that's it, guess I could put current limiters on it if I wanted to keep messing with it. I can't believe no one else has had problems with the fax detect and I get two KSU's with two different problems, what luck. I hear ya on the dedicated fax, but small customers like this who get just a few faxes can't justify the added cost. I have put in several fax detect units that work just fine, which is now what I'm going to do here. My peeve is if they advertise something than it ought to work. Thanks for letting me vent on this.

Retired phone dude
#209717 04/08/06 01:42 PM
We went with VODAVI STS when it was first introduced and brought to life.
My operation is a one horse buggy set up.(trunk slammer).
It has kept me in bread and water and I have never look back since. smile
We have 50 systems installed working and clicking away (no major problems)
My job is to take and solve minor day to day issues that may arise from ANY system which is on the market today.
We have systems with 2 (two) cabinets and 40 telephones.
Systems with both inskin and inskin Hdd.
When looking at a device to detect cng and multi-use, you will have problems, as it is a fact of life plain and simple math.
I do not recommend using device(call processor) for line sharing.
It has nothing to do with whom made the unit.
CNG is emitted frequency and time frames set by the industry.
As for VODAVI, Why should i jump ship?

It can't be beat for reliability, price and day to day operation of the modern office. (my opinion only)
Ive been installing systems for a year or two.
I am sixty candles on the cake.
:toast: VODAVI STS/STSe

-TJ-
#209718 04/08/06 01:47 PM
OP Offline
The fax detect is the only problem I've seen. I don't have near the experience with the systems as y'all, but over all I've been happy with them.

Retired phone dude
#209719 04/08/06 03:43 PM
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I have to agree on several issues here. First, I have never even attempted to mess with the fax detect feature. Not for lack of interest, but moreso because people around here have accepted the fact that a fax must be kept on a separate line.

The STS and STSe have been remarkable products for us; we are averaging three system installations a week with them since they came out three years ago. That's a lot of systems out there with relatively few problems, usually broken phone hookswitch buttons, but Vodavi's been good about fixing them through Aztec.

I will say one thing though. Thorough initilization on these systems using DIP switch 8 is absolutely mandatory, expecially with the STSe. You should also go into flash 80 and initialize it there as well just to make sure that everything is cleared.

Vodavi did just come out with new LCOB and Modem cards last week though. I didn't know of any problems, but now the new cards require a system software upgrade to be supported. That really makes me wonder since I never heard of any pressing issues with either of these cards, and now such a drastic (and quiet) replacement? Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm.........

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
#209720 04/08/06 04:03 PM
OP Offline
The original system was initialized on install. The new one was initialized then when it messed up was re-initialized and re-programmed, so don't think that was the issue. I am tempted to get a couple current limiters from Sandman though just to see if maybe that detect circuit is overly sensitive to loop current. I've cooled down a little and I hate to let a trouble beat me.

Retired phone dude
#209721 08/21/07 06:56 AM
OP Offline
I apologize for not updating the fix on this. Loop current regulators resolved the fax detect problem, now have two systems working successfully using fax detect. Locking this Topic so as not to take away from the new topic on the same subject.

Retired phone dude
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,400 Shoretel
189,146 CTX100 install
187,423 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 153 guests, and 429 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024