Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
OP Offline
Well, I learned something new today. A newly-installed system we did in a school was having an issue where every night, the system's date was being moved back exactly eleven days. We were at a dead end, even Vodavi couldn't figure out what could be causing this.

It turns out that the Rauland-Borg Telecenter which is used for classroom communications was the culprit. This system is tied to our XTS using CO trunks and a modified version of DISA. The Telecenter was going off-hook on one of these trunks and dialing the "692 YY MM DD HH MM" string each night at 11:59:30. The date in the Telecenter was off by eleven days. I can't understand how they didn't notice that their bell schedule was off.

Even the installer of the Telecenter was unaware of this feature. Apparently, it's so the systems' time/dates are synchronized.

You can't begin how angry the customer has been with us due to "our system having problems" or the countless hours we have spent trying to figure it out. I just thought I would share this with those of you who may work with these arrangements in schools. Things that make you go hmmmm.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

yeah Ed thats def. Hmmmmmm!

Thanks for the infor though i will keep that in the storage bank.

It sounds like you've got a Telecenter V system. It's been a couple of years so hang tight for a bit and I'll dig through my manuals. That was a feature configured to work with Cortelco/Eon Millenium systems to synchronize the time on both systems. Rauland never had a good time reference and I'd expect the lithium battery is probably dead or close to it. Have the Rauland tech pull the CPU card and check the battery. A quick but clunky way to deal with it is to have a Rauland display phone in the office (programmed for administrative function). They can set the time using a #55 programming function to set the time. I'm still digging through my old manuals to find find reference to the time sync function, I'll post again if I find it.

No matter how cynical I am, I just can't seem to keep up!
ev,

I just found what you're looking for. I remembered wrong, the feature was implemented when Rauland went from Cortelco to Vodavi. Tell the Rauland tech to go into programming and check location code 628 It will initiate a time sync on three different inputs #55 manual set, master clock sync control, or TD5 programming software time change. I'm pretty sure the Telecenter programming has a help screen to describe the settings, so I won't do it here. If they didn't complain about the bells being off, I guess they have the bell schedule on the master clock with control contacts activating the tones on the Telecenter.

Keep us posted on any progress or questions. Since I spent more than a few years dealing with, I'm only too happy to save someone else from the same grief.

Jeff

No matter how cynical I am, I just can't seem to keep up!
OP Offline
Thanks, Jeff but I was reporting that we had found the problem in my original post. The master date and time was off in the telecenter by 11 days. It's been resolved for over two weeks, but thanks for your interest.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,380 Shoretel
189,087 CTX100 install
187,412 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (R4+Z, justbill, RATHER BE FISHING), 106 guests, and 426 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024