Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
xer0 Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm trying to fix a 3 phone system, with 4 lines
I have two problems

On occasion only one of the phones will display nonsense characters or nothing at all, then just goes away

I replaced the phone with other phones in the system
its just that line

Also, another CO drops calls, any given time, on all 4 lines.

Where do I begin to look?

Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Check this thread for your display problems. As for the dropping of calls, do they all drop at once or is it random? Is it often enough you could wire in a SLT and see if it drops also? When the CO lines drop do the phones re-sync too? If all lines are dropping is there anything besides your KSU that's common to the 4 lines?

Retired phone dude
xer0 Offline OP
OP Offline
Its only one CO (100 if it matters) that drops calls
incoming or outgoing, the other 2 phones are fine. It doesn't happen that often either.

Thanks again

So your saying one Station drops calls, not all CO lines are dropping? You said you have two problems, but you are having problems at only one station location. Right? So you have one bad station not incoming line. Correct? Only station 100 gets the jibberish on it. Is that also correct? Also you have switched phones and that the trouble stays on the same station number and does not follow the phone. Is that also correct?

Assuming this is all correct, check all your connections to this one station location. Bad jack, loose connection on jack or at block, damaged wiring. One last thing, when you swap the phones around are you swapping everything? Base cords and all?

Retired phone dude
First you need to get your terminology correct so you can be understood. A "CO" is a dial tone phone number and stands for Central Office Line - as in from the phone company. A telephone set is a station. So now, what is dropping calls a station on one CO or a CO on all stations? or what?

xer0 Offline OP
OP Offline
ok I'm sorry, as you can tell I'm a noob at this smile

One station drops the calls, on all the lines
so only station 100 is the problem, not the phone(s)

as for the display, I'm pretty sure its the phone (not station 100)
I switched phones, and its fine now, the display issue is also random, it has hasn't displayed gibberish, yet...

I'm just swapping the phones not the lines.

Since it's really really random, I can't really tell what exactly is going on.

I stuck around for a few hours, and the problems didn't follow, every thing was fine.

I'll update as soon as i find out whats going on.

Station number or extension is the port out of the KSU. Sounds like your swapping out the physical unit, the phone. So when you swap out phones your causing the station port to re-sync with the new (or different) phone. So if the trouble stays with the station port do as was suggested above and check connections. If it follows the phone that's a no brainer, replace the phone. Don't forget the base cord as it can be a source of trouble too.

In your profile you say you are a service tech. This is some pretty basic stuff here. So I assume an IT tech or electrical?

Welcome to the board. welcome

Retired phone dude

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,607 Shoretel
189,487 CTX100 install
187,686 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 155 guests, and 326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024