web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Here's your answer Cell Phone Compatible Optional (with 2.5 mm adapter - Item # 2999)

You'd still have to get the set programmed as Derrick stated. It is a 2.5 not a 2mm as I previously posted.

Retired phone dude
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

In default the "handset" plug under the phone is programmed, not the 2.5 mm jack. As Derrick said, you still have to disable the speakerphone in flash 50. You would then use your on/off button to answer calls. You don't need to ever lift the handset if the speakerphone is disabled.

"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"
crxtion Offline OP
OP Offline
the last post seems to be what I'm looking for, but the 634 deal doesn't seem to be working. How do you program the speaker button?

Default is the 2.5mm jack, not the handset jack.

The steps below have to be done from system programming, if you don't know how to access system programming you have to get technical assistance. Passwords to access installer level programming can't be given out on the board.

In Flash 50 page 2 button 18, you can change it to the handset jack. You still have to option the speaker for headset use and it will still toggle with 634

Flash 50 page 2 button 4 in system programing. To enable headset use in speaker options.

The 634 will NOT work until this is done as explained in a previous post, please review the post. This is what makes the on/off button activate the headset or speaker.

After programming 634 to activate headset 634 again to put it back to speaker, or you can program a button to toggle it.

Retired phone dude
Bill, I'm pretty sure that default setting is handset and not 2.5 mm. Unless it is something that changed since the first version of software it is set to handset. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think so.

page 2-175 states "DEFAULT...Option 1, the 2.5mm jack, is the default setting." Also that's what I've found when I've activated it. Maybe the STS is different than the STSe? Ed would probably know.

EDIT: I checked the STS manual and it says the same thing.

Retired phone dude
I read it... I think the book is wrong. I use an STSe system in my office and looked just now and it is set to handset. I don't use a headset and have never changed it so that leads me to believe the book is wrong. It wouldn't be the first time ! I know UCD set up is wrong in the manual so this is just another "oops". I will be curious though as to Ed's opinion.

I just checked a phone that I've never had a headset on and you are correct, it shows handset. I sure don't remember changing that when I've activated the speaker headset option though.

I also checked the one I've got a headset on and it's set to the 2.5mm.

Thanks for pointing that out. I can be wrong on my own, I don't need the manuals help. laugh

Retired phone dude
crxtion Offline OP
OP Offline
so at this point it seems like the handset lifter is going to be the way to go on this one I suppose. Am I correct on this assumption?

No. read the post, you can use the headset in the handset jack and the on off button.

Flash 50 page 2 button 4 in system programing. To enable headset use in speaker options.

Retired phone dude
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,805
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,375 Shoretel
189,069 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 145 guests, and 414 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024