web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
The problem is not your software but how you have the system programmed. Why are ringing the lines to 451 and then preset forwarding them to 450?

Scott
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Like Scott posted.
Just ring the lines directly to the two stations and preset the lines to 450. That second hunt group really isn't necessary.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
uvarovo Offline OP
OP Offline
There are two problems.
First (programming) leads to the second (software version since some programming features are not available in the earlier version).

To answer the question:
I am ringing to 451 (ring all) since it is the group of extensions/people to deal with phone calls. If for some reason nobody picks up or all are busy I want it to go to auto attendant (450, 150-157, circular ring), greeting 1 for day time greeting2 for night) to help caller using ccr to reach right destination (department) to leave a message.

Does it make sense? If not any suggestions are welcomed.

I think I can ring extensions directly, not via hunt. I recall that in early versions in this case preset forward would work the way I want (see above). In early version if the call was going to hunt it is ringing till someone picks up there were no options like overflow or preset forward. Would someone confirm if this is the case.
I am using hunt for simplicity sake to change ringing destination once - from hunt to a different hunt if necessary - not to add or remove extensions in ringing assignment one by one. Again I am open for any suggestions please.

So the second problem (SW version): my version seem not to have functionality adteldon is talking about (Flash 30, button 14 through 18).
As I mentioned I only can do btns 1-8, 13 in flash 30. Nothing else is available.

BTW I called tech support used my tech ID and it looks like they may send me new version of SW. Waiting... smile

to Adteldon (all others pls comment as well):
Just like a said above in this reply. Preset forward seem not to work when ringing assignment is to hunt (at least in the version of SW I have - 1.00). I did set it up to preset forward to 450 (Flash 40, Page B, Btn 5). But looks like all the members in 451 calling endlessly. And it does not follow the preset forward setting. The timer is set short enough 10 sec.

Again - thank you all so much!

That is correct if you are ringing to a hunt group it will not follow the preset forward to another group. The only work atround for you if you do not get the new software is to ring all the stations in FL40 and then preset forward to the VM Hunt group. So all stations should ring during day and preset forward to the VM hunt group in day mode. Night mode ringing should be to ring the VM Hunt group directly.

Or forget all this and wait for Support to send you ssoftware.

Scott
Ya, honestly it sounds like you should just make the ext.'s ring in flash 40 and preset fwd as well in flash 40 to hunt 450 ( vm 150-157 ). If they send you the chips I would definitely upgrade the system. But you don't really need a hunt group 451 ( with the ext.'s )to accomplish what you are looking for.

"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"
uvarovo Offline OP
OP Offline
ok - now all set.

COs ring to stations directly and preset forward works.

These problems are solved. Will just wait for new software for future challenges. smile Thank you all.

One more little question please. Is it possible in CCR, in VM, to specify as destination some specific voice mail box directly, say 103, vs extension 103? Something like this: greeting says "press 6 to leave voice mail" and action will be immediately go to certain voice mail box.

Thank you so much for all the solutions and suggestions etc etc!!!

yes

-TJ-
TJ Great answer

Scott
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Just go into the mailbox, go to extended options, and select direct transfer to voice mail.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
uvarovo Offline OP
OP Offline
Derrick - thanx worked well with one exception.
I do not understand what is different for it from other cases.

So in CCRs I have options 1-7.
they all do what I want except option 4. Some of them go to voice mail configured the way u suggested, some ring certain destinations.

Option 4 supposed to go to voice mail box 120 (again direct transfer).

However when I test and choose 4 I do not hear the message from mailbox we recorded "Leave message etc etc..". Instead I am getting system message "You have entered too few digits". I do not see any difference in my config for option 5 lets say vs this option 4. Yet it behaves differently.

Please, did I miss something special about using 4 as option in CCR? Is there other place to see it besides Number Plan in VM (hyperterm)?

Again I am so thankful for all the time of people who helps!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,404 Shoretel
189,160 CTX100 install
187,426 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 158 guests, and 430 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024