Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Option 4 defaults as the directory, where the caller spells out the name that is typed into the subscriber list. If you are using 4 as auto key to a destination you have to disable the directory function. You set the first digit permission to (N)

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Actually what you need to do under the OPTION 12 PBX configuration is change the directory option from 4 to nothing or something that is not being used for any other purpose.

Scott
uvarovo Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you! The 4 option works the way I want. I put # instead of 4 for directory option in parameters for "12. PBX Integration".

While looking at all these jazz I obviously wanted to see parameters for other PBX Integration options (2 and 4 digits vs 3 digits I use). smile
I guess it somehow affected my mailboxes. smile
Now in "14. Messages Waiting" I have messages but no mailbox numbers assigned to them. Looks like nobody can retrieve those - is this right? Since they are "stray" messages - not belonging to any mail boxes...
Is there a way to listen to them? Or assign them to mail boxes? I am afraid there were some real ones besides my tests...

I also lost passwords for mail boxes and class of services defaulted to 1. But all of these is minor. I mostly concerned about messages being lost...

Thank you so much for you patience and help...

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Did you change other options for pbx integration other than digit 4 directory dialing?

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I was about to ask the same question. PLEASE be careful in that screen since you can do a lot of damage there if you don't know what you are doing.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
change it back to 3 digit 00 and press enter so it loads the 3 digit integration

Scott
uvarovo Offline OP
OP Offline
No at that screen i only change the digit for directory from 4 to #.
I think what was caused VM boxes passwords loss and class of service defaulted to 1 was me hitting Enter on PBX Integration option for two digits selecting it and then, may be hitting enter again on it to see the parameters for it. Then I did the same on option for 4 digits.

So is there any way to recover "stray" voice mail messages pls?

uvarovo Offline OP
OP Offline
Scott, I did return it back to three digits. I did not keep two digits or four. I did not leave that screen before I changed it back. Then when I left that screen (with integration being 3 digits) and checked what changed on other screen I noticed those stray messages...

uvarovo Offline OP
OP Offline
Question about system initialization pls... Does it delete messages only? Or there are some other effects?

Asking to eventually delete those stray messages if there is no way to deal with them otherwise...

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
System initialization deletes passwords, greetings, messages. It keeps the main greetings for menus.

www.myrandomviews

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,396 Shoretel
189,121 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (dwflood, justbill), 118 guests, and 430 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024