Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
uvarovo Offline OP
OP Offline
I have Starplus STS with flash based VM, 4 x 8.

All lines configured to pilot ring all hunt group 450 (103, 104).

Problem 1:

If nobody answers or all members of the group are busy it should go to Greeting 1 / CCR1.

All lines Preset Forward is set VOICE_MAIL 1.
Timers for Preset Forward is 10 sec.

When nobody answers or all busy the lines ring more then 10 sec and then go to not Greeting 1 / CCR1 but to default message asking to leave message.

Problem 2:

Also calls in the night mode do not go to Greeting 2 / CCR2 even though the schedules in VM and in System Features look all right.

Question:

I was using version 0.08 of WinDBA. Recently downloaded WinDBA 0.13 from updates_fixes_pretrials.

Please, is 0.13 the most resent version to work with Starplus STS DB?

Thank you.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The voice mail operating mode may not be set correctly.

Mode 1 is the day greeting alll the time
Mode 2 is the night greeting all the time
Mode 3 is the clock-greeting follows the open and close schedule. If open and close schedule is not set correctly you may get the stock greeting instead of the one you recorded.
And the day/night mode of the phone system has no effect on the day/night mode of the voice mail.

Of course this depends on which greeting you choose to play when you set the Auto attendant config. I am assuming day is 1 night is 2

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Usually 450 is for auto attendant ports. You need to create a new hunt group in flash 30, say 451, and put your vm ports 150-157 in this group. Then you would preset forward your lines to hunt 451. Let your time tables in the voice mail control day or night messages.

"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"
Or overflow the lines from the hunt group 450 to 451 if you like, but you still need to create 451 first.

uvarovo Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you for both replies.

to Derrick:

Please how to make sure what mode is set and how to change it if I need to? You assumed right Greeting 1 is for day, Greeting 2 is for night. Both schedules, as I mentioned in the description of the problem, are set correctly: the system one and the one in VM (I understand it is this one I need to care about in this case). If the schedule would not be followed I would be getting day all the time or night all the time or if the times when it switches from one to another would be messed up I would still get one or the other. But I am getting neither one of the two.

Here is how I understand it. In ring assignment of the CO line I have three options.
Day destination (now Hunt 1 which is 450), Night destination (VM 1 which is 150), Special destination (VM 1 which is 150). This is where System Features Weekly Schedule is applied. As I understand this schedule defines hrs for starting and finishing Night Mode. Which in my case is set to start at 17:00 and finish at 8:00. I was calling to test after 17:00 (5pm) so the Night destination should be used and ring would go to VM 1 which is port 150. This is where the schedule from VM would be applied. It is open and close schedule. In my case it is 8:00am to 5:00pm. So according to this schedule it would play Greeting 2 as this is what I set it to be for Night Mode.

Please is my understanding correct?

Thank you!

Try forwarding the nite and special calls to a hunt group of the vm ports. Not directly to port 150.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
If you send calls to 150 you are not using all 8 ports of the system so make sure you send calls to hunt group 451. The hunt group should have all 8 ports in it. Ext 150 to 157. Preset your lines to ring to 451 All the time. (450 already has two extensions in it). Phone system day night special can change where the co lines ring but DOES NOT control which greeing plays...not with the flash based voice mail.
When using the voice mail (not phone system )open/closing schedule (prgrammed using hypertrm) and all ports play the same greeting at any given time you can test by calling each voice mail extension individually. Each one should answer with the recorded greeting if any of them do not then call into the voice mail, enter admin mailbox and password then press 3 for auto attendant function, then 1 to choose normal greeting and then make sure that you choose a port that did not answer correctly ie if 157 did not play the greeting then you would choose 1 for normal and assign it to port 8. Then you are returned to admin menu again and you repeat for all ports that did not answer properly. Some may already be set up but best to check.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

uvarovo Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you very much for yr help!

OK. Now I set it up the way I understood from all explanations. Here it is.

450 is circular hunt for 150 - 157
451 is pilot ring all hunt 102, 103
CO1 - CO4 rings 451, preset forward to 450, preset forward timer is 10 sec

in VM:
Day Mode - Greet1, CCR1
Night Mode - Greet2, CCR2
Open & Close Sched - Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, Sat&Sun 12am-12am

Now I called to test 8:30am and it went not to Greet2 when nobody picks up.

What did I miss in setting it up pls?

Also, adteldon, you mentioned this:
"Or overflow the lines from the hunt group 450 to 451"
I do not see anywhere in the manual overflowing hunt groups. It talks only UCD with rgeard to overflowing... Could you pls point me to it (Flash ...) Or may be it is Preset Forward you meant instead?

Thank you again for all the help!

uvarovo Offline OP
OP Offline
Please do not give up on me! smile

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Call each extension 150-157 and see what greeting answers. If any one is not the one you want then you need to check the auto attendant function as I posted above.

Why are you using a ring all group instead of just programming the lines to initially ring on those two stations?

www.myrandomviews

uvarovo Offline OP
OP Offline
Because of the following config:

Day Mode - Greet1, CCR1
Night Mode - Greet2, CCR2
Open & Close Sched - Mon-Fri 9am-5pm

when I call say 150 (tried all of them though 150-157) after 9am on Tue it suppose to play Greet1 (Day Mode) right?
It some how plays Greet2 (Night Mode)...

I do not understand how...

uvarovo Offline OP
OP Offline
OK it was MODE 2 - Fixed Night Mode.
Changed it to Mode 3 - Automatic Mode and it now works as expected. When I dial 150 lets say it gives the right greeting.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Good, glad we could help you out.

www.myrandomviews

uvarovo Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanx again! Please I still need help why it does not go to 450 (150-157) when nobody in 451 picks up or if they are all busy.

Again all COs are ringing to 451, preset forward for all COs is set to 450 (preset forward timer is set for 10 sec).

adteldon mentioned this:
"Or overflow the lines from the hunt group 450 to 451" (At that point I had hunt groups swapped... smile )
I do not see anywhere in the manual overflowing hunt groups. It talks only UCD with regard to overflowing... Could you pls point me to it (Flash ...)

Thanx.

Flash 30, button 14 through 18.

uvarovo Offline OP
OP Offline
in flash 30 the only buttons i can use are btns 1-8 to select hunt group and btn 13 for the way hunt group rings

how u can use those 14-18?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
14-16 are the overflow destinations for day, night, special. Set them all to 450.
skip 17
set 18 as the timer for ring no answer
set 19 enable que for busy group

www.myrandomviews

It sounds like you have an old version of software in the system. You will need to upgrade to 1.04 to perform this procedure. You should be able to accomplish your goal by preset forwarding your lines in flash 40 if you don't want to upgrade the software.

uvarovo Offline OP
OP Offline
yeah, when i did [605] it shows
Eng. V1.00 P02-AFE0
STARPLUS ST <current time>

So looks like it is software issue since those buttons (Flash 30, 14-18) just do not work...

Before this station I had one with 1.03
I do not work there anymore.

I got this one off e-bay for the company we started. I was quite successfully working with the first one myself using manual.
The company we got it from went out of business. Since then I could not find a good company locally for help.

I tried once to get upgrade from 1.03 to 1.04. I even got tech ID for myself.
But could not get it having tech ID was not enough... They (tech support) would talk to me but would not send me chips with new software...

Please any suggestions on how to get new software? I know they give it for free... It is just the fact that they do not deal with end user directly...

uvarovo Offline OP
OP Offline
please do you by chance have may be not 1.04 chip but prev chip (1.03) laying somewhere with no use? smile

The problem is not your software but how you have the system programmed. Why are ringing the lines to 451 and then preset forwarding them to 450?

Scott
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Like Scott posted.
Just ring the lines directly to the two stations and preset the lines to 450. That second hunt group really isn't necessary.

www.myrandomviews

uvarovo Offline OP
OP Offline
There are two problems.
First (programming) leads to the second (software version since some programming features are not available in the earlier version).

To answer the question:
I am ringing to 451 (ring all) since it is the group of extensions/people to deal with phone calls. If for some reason nobody picks up or all are busy I want it to go to auto attendant (450, 150-157, circular ring), greeting 1 for day time greeting2 for night) to help caller using ccr to reach right destination (department) to leave a message.

Does it make sense? If not any suggestions are welcomed.

I think I can ring extensions directly, not via hunt. I recall that in early versions in this case preset forward would work the way I want (see above). In early version if the call was going to hunt it is ringing till someone picks up there were no options like overflow or preset forward. Would someone confirm if this is the case.
I am using hunt for simplicity sake to change ringing destination once - from hunt to a different hunt if necessary - not to add or remove extensions in ringing assignment one by one. Again I am open for any suggestions please.

So the second problem (SW version): my version seem not to have functionality adteldon is talking about (Flash 30, button 14 through 18).
As I mentioned I only can do btns 1-8, 13 in flash 30. Nothing else is available.

BTW I called tech support used my tech ID and it looks like they may send me new version of SW. Waiting... smile

to Adteldon (all others pls comment as well):
Just like a said above in this reply. Preset forward seem not to work when ringing assignment is to hunt (at least in the version of SW I have - 1.00). I did set it up to preset forward to 450 (Flash 40, Page B, Btn 5). But looks like all the members in 451 calling endlessly. And it does not follow the preset forward setting. The timer is set short enough 10 sec.

Again - thank you all so much!

That is correct if you are ringing to a hunt group it will not follow the preset forward to another group. The only work atround for you if you do not get the new software is to ring all the stations in FL40 and then preset forward to the VM Hunt group. So all stations should ring during day and preset forward to the VM hunt group in day mode. Night mode ringing should be to ring the VM Hunt group directly.

Or forget all this and wait for Support to send you ssoftware.

Scott
Ya, honestly it sounds like you should just make the ext.'s ring in flash 40 and preset fwd as well in flash 40 to hunt 450 ( vm 150-157 ). If they send you the chips I would definitely upgrade the system. But you don't really need a hunt group 451 ( with the ext.'s )to accomplish what you are looking for.

uvarovo Offline OP
OP Offline
ok - now all set.

COs ring to stations directly and preset forward works.

These problems are solved. Will just wait for new software for future challenges. smile Thank you all.

One more little question please. Is it possible in CCR, in VM, to specify as destination some specific voice mail box directly, say 103, vs extension 103? Something like this: greeting says "press 6 to leave voice mail" and action will be immediately go to certain voice mail box.

Thank you so much for all the solutions and suggestions etc etc!!!

yes

-TJ-
TJ Great answer

Scott
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Just go into the mailbox, go to extended options, and select direct transfer to voice mail.

www.myrandomviews

uvarovo Offline OP
OP Offline
Derrick - thanx worked well with one exception.
I do not understand what is different for it from other cases.

So in CCRs I have options 1-7.
they all do what I want except option 4. Some of them go to voice mail configured the way u suggested, some ring certain destinations.

Option 4 supposed to go to voice mail box 120 (again direct transfer).

However when I test and choose 4 I do not hear the message from mailbox we recorded "Leave message etc etc..". Instead I am getting system message "You have entered too few digits". I do not see any difference in my config for option 5 lets say vs this option 4. Yet it behaves differently.

Please, did I miss something special about using 4 as option in CCR? Is there other place to see it besides Number Plan in VM (hyperterm)?

Again I am so thankful for all the time of people who helps!

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Option 4 defaults as the directory, where the caller spells out the name that is typed into the subscriber list. If you are using 4 as auto key to a destination you have to disable the directory function. You set the first digit permission to (N)

www.myrandomviews

Actually what you need to do under the OPTION 12 PBX configuration is change the directory option from 4 to nothing or something that is not being used for any other purpose.

Scott
uvarovo Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you! The 4 option works the way I want. I put # instead of 4 for directory option in parameters for "12. PBX Integration".

While looking at all these jazz I obviously wanted to see parameters for other PBX Integration options (2 and 4 digits vs 3 digits I use). smile
I guess it somehow affected my mailboxes. smile
Now in "14. Messages Waiting" I have messages but no mailbox numbers assigned to them. Looks like nobody can retrieve those - is this right? Since they are "stray" messages - not belonging to any mail boxes...
Is there a way to listen to them? Or assign them to mail boxes? I am afraid there were some real ones besides my tests...

I also lost passwords for mail boxes and class of services defaulted to 1. But all of these is minor. I mostly concerned about messages being lost...

Thank you so much for you patience and help...

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Did you change other options for pbx integration other than digit 4 directory dialing?

www.myrandomviews

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I was about to ask the same question. PLEASE be careful in that screen since you can do a lot of damage there if you don't know what you are doing.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
change it back to 3 digit 00 and press enter so it loads the 3 digit integration

Scott
uvarovo Offline OP
OP Offline
No at that screen i only change the digit for directory from 4 to #.
I think what was caused VM boxes passwords loss and class of service defaulted to 1 was me hitting Enter on PBX Integration option for two digits selecting it and then, may be hitting enter again on it to see the parameters for it. Then I did the same on option for 4 digits.

So is there any way to recover "stray" voice mail messages pls?

uvarovo Offline OP
OP Offline
Scott, I did return it back to three digits. I did not keep two digits or four. I did not leave that screen before I changed it back. Then when I left that screen (with integration being 3 digits) and checked what changed on other screen I noticed those stray messages...

uvarovo Offline OP
OP Offline
Question about system initialization pls... Does it delete messages only? Or there are some other effects?

Asking to eventually delete those stray messages if there is no way to deal with them otherwise...

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
System initialization deletes passwords, greetings, messages. It keeps the main greetings for menus.

www.myrandomviews

uvarovo Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you all!

Derrick, pls what about those messages without ownership. Can I somehow make them belong to some mail box? If not what is going to happen to them pls? Are they going to be gone at some point?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
I don't know of anyway you can retrieve them.

www.myrandomviews

uvarovo Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you all so much!
I guess at this point I asked all the questions so far. smile
My new software did not arrive yet... but the old one does what I need so far well - again thank you all for all the help, time, patience!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,400 Shoretel
189,146 CTX100 install
187,423 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 163 guests, and 443 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024