web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
WHATS UP PHONE WORLD..IVE BEEN READING ALOT OF YOUR POSTINGS TRYING TO LEARN A FEW THINGS..IM A 20YR CABLE SPLICER AND I HAVE A NEW INSTALL TO DO ON A 3501-00 THIS WEEK. I DONT HAVE THE MANUAL YET AND I DONT KNOW IF THEY ARE GOING TO PURCHASE A VOICEMAIL SYSTEM OR NOT...IM STARTING IT THIS WEEK AND WONDERING IF I COULD GET SOME ADVISE...IVE ONLY WORKED ON MERIDIANS AND COMDIALS MANY YEARS AGO...THE BUSINESS IS SMALL..3 PHONES ONE SECRETARY.TWO OFFICES.GETTING 3515-71 PHONES..ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

The programming for the STSe is very different from the brands that you described. It is highly recommended that you at least get a manual. You will more than likely, need some tech support which is availble for a fee in the Support tab at the top of the page.

OP Offline
thanks ray....ALSO IHAVE A FEW QUESTIONS TO ASK THE CUSTOMER, LIKE IF THEY WANT MUSIC ON HOLD...DOES ANY ONE HAVE SOME IMPORTANT QUESTIONS I SHOULD ADDRESS TO THEM?...ALSO THIS ONE SECRETARY WILL BE ANSWERING THE PHONE FOR THREE DIFFERENT BUSINESSES.I SHOULD BE STARTING THIS TODAT OR TOMORROW...WILL IT BE SIMPLE ENOUGH JUST TO GET THEM WORKING ON DEFAULT?

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
I recommend you get the manual's and review the features to see whats available and what will work best for this particular application . that will help you determine what questions to ask the customer based on their needs and system features and capacity

Google "Caps Lock" and download the instructions on turning it off

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Welcome to the board. welcome

You can turn off the caps lock, we hear you.

You'd ask them the same type question as you would the other systems you had experience with in the past.

I assume you're getting the system new, if so it will come with a manual on CD, study it, play with the programming until your comfortable with it. Some of the programming is basic some can get pretty complex. If you've programmed in the past you'll grasp it though the terminology can be different from system to system.

Retired phone dude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
"All programming is done at any 24-Button STS Telephone as the programming station or through an ASCII terminal or PC. The digital display model is required for programming. When the programming mode is entered, the digital telephone being used no longer operates as a telephone but as a programming station with all of the buttons redefined."

With that being said, if you don't learn how to do it with a laptop and given that there is only one "programming" keyset available, then on all future service calls, you will be taking the main phone "out-of-service" while you are in programming mode. This can be a probable if it's the only phone that rings.

A few things to remember:
  • Keep it simple.
  • Make it a squared system...each phone will have a button for each CO line.
  • The call comes in the 3515-71 answers it, then yells across the room: "Bob...Line 1."
  • Hold and transfer also works.

For this install you can probably ignore:
  • Least Cost Routing
  • Camp on
  • School Zone
  • Et Cetera...

Keep it simple! and thanks for not using BOLD in your post. laugh

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
OP Offline
My wife just told me that everyone thinks your yelling at them...sorry fellas...

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Review the manual on these steps:
1. Initialize the system with DIP switch 8 on.
2. Then set switch 8 to off.
3. Then set the battery switch to on.

Then I recommend two more steps:
4. Set all unused CO lines into group 0
5. Set the CO Flash timer at 0.5 or 0.6 sec if you have TelCo CO Line Flash features.

At this point you will have a working system and you can advance at your own pace.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

OP Offline
I just want to tell you "all" I really appreciate the advice. I've been out of the field for a few years and was kind of nervous at first, just started for this company last thursday. I did pick up the NEW system today and I do have the disk. Thanks...However, I got stuck on another job today , Knocked it out, and I'll be starting the new install in the a.m..That panned out good and was able to read all the helpful posts.Thanks for the welcome too. They did NOT get the VM card, they was told to see what the telco co. has to offer first..They might decide to later. I'll try to let you all know how it went tomorrow evening.I'm sure I'll have something else..thanks again....THANKS

Good luck! smile

Steve

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,810
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,377 Shoretel
189,078 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (mongo5150), 159 guests, and 426 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024