Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Don, you are so correct. Unless we go backward and install an analog (Yuk) Pathfinder for a lot more money, we have no competitive product for your scenario. Your scenario isn't far fetched either. I had it with a larger user but the congestion issue was proportionally the same. It was an XTS MPB2 user with a 12 port Pathfinder that they used in place of hiring more attendants. That unit used to stack up and back up so bad it was embarrassing. Then they complained that I let the ACD callers jump out at intervals to a mailbox but then they were leaving too many messages instead of just continuing to stack up in queue.

It was a center where the 30 or more professionals had 1 hour appointments and everyone checked their messages at the top of each hour. They wouldn't add any more people or hardware since 12 ports was supposed to be enough for their situation. Of course, at the time, the Pathfinder only took what, the older ISA boards? I don't remember anymore, but by then, you couldn't find a new PC with enough ISA expansion to grow if you wanted to. I couldn't win.

I know I digressed a bit, but in a site with 24 users when a voice mail is used not as a backup but as a full auto attendant and also providing RAN and also being used as a voice mail system and when everyone comes back from lunch at the same time, a 4-port unit is overtaxed. We will just have to quote them the MBX and hope for the best. After all, there is a reason why higher end cars sell well even though there are many economy models to choose from. They all have just 4 wheels and an engine don't they? We have to sell on applications and not just price.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Thanks for the back-up Dave. After a week of boiling over this, I suppose I will give the SBX a shot. I don't like being forced by my manufacturer to do it, but as several on here have stated..." I'm getting too old to start a new dealership". Will the digital Talk Path or Pathfinder work with the SBX?

I agree that most of my applications will work with the current design of the SBX, but Vertical really needs to get the vm up to speed. I think I am done Bit**ing.

"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"
Don once you start playing with the SBX. you will start liking it more. It is a converged system, meaning it is a Digital system that can do VOip> The station ports, accept one are either analog or digital. It has wake up call built in, so would be good with Bed & Brkfst. or small motel, or like in my case. so I don't sleep past five. I hate charging O.T. because I didn't wake up in time to go home.

Don, As far as I understand it, the only external voice mail the SBX will accept is an analog one. That means for your scenario, until the SBX 320 has a larger voice mail card or an interface to a digital pathfinder, we don't have a product in the price point that is competitive.

- Dave S. -

Went to a customers site today. He is interested in replacing his current ksu-less att phone sets. He would be using 3 CO lines, 8 corded extensions and is interested in 2 digital cordless units. This is where I normally would quote the STSe. It sounds like most are suggesting the SBX as the ideal solution to replacing the STSe. Can anyone help me with configuring a set up with part numbers? I have had no luck on Verticals website. I order my STSe equipment from Graybar. Any help to get me going and familiar with the SBX configuration would be much appreciated!

TekLink Solutions
Havre, Montana 59501
OP Offline
Maybe someone else should chime in, but it looks like you will need the 4003-30 (6 x 16 w/ 8-24 button telephones ) or 4003-48 ( if voice mail is needed ). The Dect cordless is part # V10000 or the VC 3013-00 for the Vertical spread spectrum cordless. Again, you may want to wait for someone else's reply to be sure.

"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"
Obviously you want one of the 4003 6x16 packages. Myself, I would order the 48 package with the voicemail card even if I only put it into stock. I also recommend getting the 4099-00 cables to save yourself the hassle. Because you are uncertain as to the hardware configuration, I strongly advise you to take in a 320 basic webinar before you get in over your head with programming. You need a solid point of reference when you start on one or you will get quite frustrated.

- Dave S. -

i'm still sitting on one of the original SBX packages with the original ultra-crippled voicemail. i jumped on at the very beginning but hated the system sufficiently, i never even tried to sell it. (maybe i was still bitter about the XceleratorIP)

so i guess there's a sense in which i honestly do understand why they killed off the STSe..

and with several of our XTS customers nearing their next major overhaul, i need to get certified on the MBX too... so i guess i'm officially in the chute.

"There is one thing and only one thing in which it is granted to you to be free in life, all else being beyond your power: that is to recognize and profess the truth." - Leo Tolstoy
93mdk93, why did you hate the system? I just hate to have to learn the programming for a different system, but again I have no choice.

TekLink Solutions
Havre, Montana 59501
93mdk93: I went down the same road you did. I put in an XceleratorIP, spent many hours trying to make it work only to take it out and replace it with an XTScIP. Then got one of the first SBX V1.0. It had so many problems, No volume on spkr. Phone. the VM was lame. 93mdk93 did you ever get the replacement VM? I called, filled out the paper work, talked to eveyone. I never did get it. Like some of the rebates in the past!! It is now a good system with the new software (3.5) and the new VM. I talked to Vertical yesterday, they are working on an external "real" VM

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,418 Shoretel
189,181 CTX100 install
187,430 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 95 guests, and 426 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024