web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
When they announced the price increase I started exploring other products. I know I'm not going to hurt their bottom line much, but I sure do like the better support I'm getting.

Retired phone dude
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Yep, you are correct justbill. When you called Vodavi tech support if needed it was nice to talk to a Tech whom had probably been on the other side as a Installer.I knew the Techs by first name and they knew me as well.No run around and no body tried to impress (BS) anybody just facts. Now that was when it was VODAVI. I loved their monthly Tech
bulletin they sent out and it keep you in the loop, no matter how small a dealer you were.

-TJ-
OP Offline
Derrick, I was told by my distributor that STSe sales were 10-1 over SBX a few months back. I really don't think they are going by the numbers here, which baffles me. The MBX is surely going to take over for the XTS at some point, I just hope they give us a little more notice.

The ONLY reason I haven't tried selling the SBX before now is simple. There's no way I'm going to sell a product that has problems at the rate the SBX has had, atleast until 3.5 came out. You can look back at this tech support forum to see the problems I am referring to. It seems that the simplest of features such as off-net forwarding, are still a problem with even the latest software. I still have a hard time understanding why they can't make an 8 port vm either. 4 ports isn't sufficient for a system that may potentially have 12+ lines answered by auto attendant. These are just a couple of reasons I haven't switched.

"SBX is an upgrade to the STSe simply for voip" ?
Really??? If they wanted to make an STS voip card, I'm sure something could have been engineered. Outside of voip, which in my area, is implemented maybe 5% of the time, the SBX isn't nearly the system STSe is in my humble opinion.

I have a feeling that within 10 years, the phone man will be extinct, or atleast religated to a basic cable puller. This is assuming we aren't completely wireless by then. I sure wish that when I graduated high school they had more than 3 computers in the "computer lab". Maybe then I would have a little more interest and knowlege about networking in general. As far as I'm concerned, voip can KMA ! I'll take a tried and true pots line any day.

"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"
Figures.....I have one being delivered today to replace a bad KSU at a customer site.

I will say, than the DSX is a good option that we have moved toward. The support feels much like Vodavi was years ago. That is what I miss most, it was like calling a friend when you needed help.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Its the nature of the game boys. Remember how Mitel completly bought out Trillium just so they could kill it because they were losing pbx line sales to their own key system?

That's why I, a loyal Mitel/Trillium dealer became a Vodavi dealer. I am too old to start looking around again so I plan to stick it out with Vertical until I can't hold a punch down tool or don't have to, whichever comes first.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
We still have some Panther II's out there.

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
I am too old to start looking around again so I plan to stick it out with Vertical until I can't hold a punch down tool or don't have to, whichever comes first.
Me too. I dabble in DSX and Xblue, but desperately want Vertical to do right by us old Vodavi dealers.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Dave, as much as I share in your pain, Vertical kicked the Vodavi dealer base to the curb years ago. I think it was more of a house-cleaning. They bought the dealers' markets (virtually) for investment purposes. By showing a huge alliance of dedicated dealers, they looked valuable to investors.

These investors never had to know how these dealers were being treated like red-headed step children. All that mattered was quantity, and there was plenty of it.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
According to V-Connect, the official word is that LG-Ericsson is discontinuing the production of the STS product. So we can't complain to Vertical on this one.

Perhaps the only choice I may have in the near future is to simply refuse to sell any phones that may be made in China. That my friends, will be my final stand.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

OP Offline
Ok... So if I have a potential customer who has 8 lines, and 24 ext.'s and they need the auto attendant to route calls, which system am I supposed to propose? The SBX obviously won't suffice with only 4 vm ports. The Wave is going to be over-priced. I know nothing about the MBX and it's capabilities... I'm at a loss here. The STS would be a great fit, but it's gone now. The XTS is too large to fit the price range as well. I keep hearing an 8 port for the SBX is coming, but until it does why cut the STS line? I just don't get it. So seriously, which system would I propose?

"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,368 Shoretel
189,049 CTX100 install
187,409 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 133 guests, and 383 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024