web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#223085 05/22/06 04:14 AM
OP Offline
Hello,

I am looking for looking for an IP phone solution for a small business that only has maybe 2 or 3 small locations in different cities or in the same.

I am looking for a system that can start as analog and then grow when the company grows to go to IP. Looking for inexpensive.. but who isn't smile

Thank for any idea's

Troy Putnam
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#223086 05/22/06 07:21 AM
Egad! Not 3com. Seriously, I have had several customers pull these out after just a few months. We do not sell them, but I have seen them in action. The vmail is seriously archaic compared to he cheapest flash based digital out there. Stay away from 3com, IMHO. Perhapse it is just a case of poor dealers in the area that do not know how to program them, but I have not seen good things.

"Small" is relative, how small are these systems you are thinking about? In my opinion I would say that in your scenario to look at a hybrid system rather than full IP. There are a lot of great hybrid systems out there...Vodavi, Samsung...etc. If you need a full IP system that is cheap and good...well that does not really exist yet. Cheap, yes...good, no.

Linksys (cisco) has an IP system that looks pretty nifty, but I do not have direct experience with it. Check it out though. It is inexpensive and at least has a name to back it...whatever that is worth.

Steve

#223087 05/22/06 07:43 AM
OP Offline
Wow, did not realize there were hybrid systems. I will look into the one's you have mentioned. I appreciate any more information or recommendations you may have on "hybrid" phone systems.

Thanks!

Troy Putnam
#223088 05/22/06 08:36 AM
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Troy:

Steve mentioned Vodavi, and I can assist you with details about their systems. Their XTS family of systems are full hybrids and use traditional telephone system architecture. This is especially useful for installations where there are multiple systems that need to tie together or where remote users exist. Both scenarios are easily handled with IP, while using much more reasonably-priced phones and cards.

The XTSc-IP can provide up to 44 stations and 28 trunks. In it's basic configurations (without IP), it prices out very well. Since it comes out of the box as 4 x 8, plus two analog extensions, it's ideal to support the small office sites.

The XTS-IP can provide up to 376 ports of trunks and or stations (one port each). There are certain limitations there.

The XTS600-IP can provide up to 600 ports of trunks and or stations, again one port each, with maximum limits of trunks or stations.

Systems can be networked together via VoIP to create literally thousands of stations and trunks. We have even done this with two systems within the same closet to expand capacity.

The same VIOP cards and phones can be added to any of the above systems, so growth can be easily managed. They are definitely worth looking into.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
#223089 05/22/06 08:45 AM
I mentioned both Samsung and Vodavi, but I gotta agree with Ed here, I like the XTSc-IP better than a samsung. They are really a great system that is cost effective and has just about every feature you could ask for!

Steve

#223090 05/24/06 07:29 AM
OP Offline
What about warranty and the service? Any information on these subjects would be very helpful.

Troy Putnam
#223091 05/24/06 07:50 AM
Troy:

Vodavi warrants all parts on the XTS series, except the voice mail, for five years. Most dealers only extend a labor and support warranty for one or two years. After that, the parts warranty doesn't cost the customer (except possibly an exchange fee for the defective part from the dealer). The dealer would still need to be paid for labor unless there is a maintenance contract established to cover this.

You can get plenty of information on their Web site (www.Vodavi.com). If you need to contact their regional manager for your area, let me know and I will get you their contact information.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,113 Shoretel
187,717 CTX100 install
186,810 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (JBean3329), 50 guests, and 422 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024