Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
bryanus Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi guys, does anyone here know how to set up a Biztouch 3 phone with a Bizfon 680 system?

I have been using a Bizfon 680 for about a year now, with 3 Biztouch 2 phones.

I just recently purchased a BizTouch 3 phone on ebay. When i connect it to my 680 system, it prompts me to do the initial setup. It then asks to press the "Settings" button "if this phone will be a BizTouch series phone". That's one of my problems. The BT3 phone does not have a "Settings" button, so I can't really continue.

If I connect it to one of my existing lines that was already set up as using a Biztouch phone, the phone seems to work; I can pick up the handset and receive a dial tone and make calls.

But if I hang up the receiver, the line is never actually disconnected. When I pick up the receiver again, I hear a tone as if the phone was left off the hook; a very loud irritating sound.

The only way to disconnect, is to physically disconnect and reconnect the phone line on the back of the phone.

The first BiZtouch3 I got was returned for this reason to the seller as I thought it was defective. The replacement yields the same problems. I then purchased yet another BT3 from another vendor, and it also has the same issues.

So now I'm hoping that someone here can tell me what I'm doing wrong, or if these units really are all FUBAR.

TIA. :toast:

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
If I recall correctly, you should be able to dial ext. 200 from a working phone to reach their technical support department.

We generally tend to steer clear of supporting equipment purchases made through e-bay for the very reason that you are having. We try, but many times we spend a lot of each other's time chasing problems that are associated with defective goods.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Seems like there was a setup key in the display, I think it is 299 for bizfon customer care, looked at a manual and it says when you use setup to enter settings the phone must be hung up , if the phone is not hung up press forward to acess settings

Don't really know much about them other than what I've read. According to this there are two styles of the BizTouch3. Maybe you have the wrong one.

Retired phone dude
bryanus Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks guys, yes, there is a "setup" key in the display. When the phone is hung up, when I hit it, it shows "Settings" in the display. The manual then says to hit the Enter key. As soon as I do, the display returns to the time/date display and a underline cursor appears. That's as far as I get. Nothing happens if I press any of the other keys.

justbill, I am aware of the two models. And the two phones I have are one of each type, and they can apparently be converted from one to another. Regardless, both seem to exhibit the sames issues so far. :confused:

I received an email from Bizfon, and they charge $89/call. I may opt to do that, but I find it unlikely that all 3 phones would be defective.

Yes, the phone must be hung up while you are doing the setup, that way the "setup" button appears on the second soft key in the display. If you are using the handset press "forward" and then you should be set to keep going through the setup.

Odds are that for your setup you want the "line" type and not "call." I would use their website to get a dealer, they have a form to fill out. Then you have help to set this up, and help if you need it in the future.

Steve

bryanus Offline OP
OP Offline
Actually I am pretty sure I want "Call mode", which will allow my receptionist to answer all calls, then transfer them to others as necessary.

Anyway, I've been trying to figure this out to no avail. It just doesn't seem to make much sense to me that this isn't working.

According to the manual, if the phone is _not_ hung up, I press the "Forward" button to enter Settings. So, when I first connect the phone line, I am greeted with the voice prompt "Welcome to Bizfon. if you would like to set up this extension now, please press 1." OK, did that part. then it says, "If this extension will use a BT series phone, press Settings now". I then hit the "Forward" button and nothing happens at all. Then the message repeats itself over and over.

Conversely, if the phone is hung up, and I press the "Setup" soft key in the display, I then see the "Settings..." text in the display. The manual says to then press the "Enter" button. Once I do that, however, the display returns to the default time/date display, and that's it.

Is it possible that all 3 phones are defective? I wish I could find someone out there that has one of these systems that I could ask...hard to find anyone talking about the BizFon these days...

Have you tried calling Bizfon? 800-260-5793

Retired phone dude
bryanus Offline OP
OP Offline
I'll probably call tomorrow. Just trying to save the $89 before I do. Also wanted to see if anyone could tell if it's a hardware issue that they wouldn't be able to help me with either.

bryanus Offline OP
OP Offline
Strangely, I just connected both of the BT3 phones directly to my telco lines and they still don't hang up properly. Very strange.

I also ran the full diagnostic set up (pushing the blue button after powering cycling the system), and when it got to the extension ring test, neither of the BT3 phones rang. When i swapped one of them in place of a ringing BT2 phone, it didn't ring either.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,367 Shoretel
189,047 CTX100 install
187,409 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 134 guests, and 389 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024