Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
zrob_12 Offline OP
OP Offline
I need a 4-line phone system for an office and need the following capabilities:
1.) Rollover - if line 1 is busy, caller is automatically transferred to line 2
2.) One line to be used for fax

I am looking for something cost effective, any recommendations?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
rollover is a function of your dial tone provider

most small key systems would fit the bill

I would probably quote you on a NEC DSX40

the thing we sell is is knowledge ,so the most cost effective thing is to get a good dealer in to evaluate your needs make suggestions then tweak the install to fully utilize your investment

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
How many extensions (phones)?

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Like Skip said, get a vendor, any vendor in there. He/she will ask you all kinds of questions like what do you want for "Features", etc.

Once you know what you want then either stick with that vendor & product or shop for another vendor.

Your question is way too broad for anyone to answer here.

Do a search within this forum for system purchase, etc and you'll get enough reading materiel for a month, as this has been answered about a zillion times....

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
There are 18 manufacturer categories in this forum with dozens of systems that would serve you well. Just avoid the cheap crappy non-KSU phones. Change your search for a vendor that you can be comfortable with. Go with their recommendation and don't be afraid to consider names that are unfamiliar to you.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

1-Get an ESI 50L and up to 8 phones.
2- Have your service provider put all 3 lines in hunt.
3-Connect the fax to the analog port programmed as fax.
4-Program lines 1&2 as desired so you can answer them.
5-Program line 3 to ID1, if it really is a fax it'll get there.

What else can we help you with?

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Welcome to the Sundance Tech-Support Bulletin Board zrob_12.

welcome

There are several many small key systems on the market today that will do all the things you need in a phone system.

My recommendation would be to get three different quotes from local interconnects in your area. Make sure that the quotes you get provide references of systems of the size you are looking for in your area.
Then be sure to call these references and then make your decision of what brand phone system you want to go with.

To make a long story short, it is more about who you purchase from rather than the name on the equip.
Make sure that you purchase from someone that will be there to support you 5,8 or 20 years down the road.

Good Luck.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
10 years ago I had a customer looking to replace their phone system. My sales competition asked him to see was I was selling 5 years ago and what I was selling 5 years before that. I smiled knowing what that other sales rep was up to. With a grin on my face, I said "Vodavi" and "Vodavi".
Of course now 20+" years down the road, I am selling "Vertical" (or at least trying to in this lousy economy)

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Retired Admin
Retired Admin
The most important thing in chosing a telephone system is reliability and cost.

Oh, that two...The two most important things in chosing a telephone system is reliability, cost and functionality.

Oops. Sorry, I meant THREE.

The three most important things in chosing a telephone system is reliability, cost, functionality and ease-of-use.

Okay. Okay I think I have this now...

You can pay alot of money and get all the buttons and whistle...however, if you don't use those buttons and whistles because it's labor intensive to remember to press button "A" and dial code XXX then Button "B" followed by a 3 if you want voice mail, or 2 if you don't want voice mail or... where did your money go and "who authorized spending THAT much money!" argue

"Does anyone still have the manual for this $()%$&^% system!" :shrug:

The technicians installing which ever system you decide will know more about "what it can do" andd "ease of use" than any salesperson ever will. Of course by the time you meet the technician, the saleman has already left the building! :bang:

Alway buy from someone who has been in the business for more than 2-3 years. It is usually better to buy a system with a known name and reputation. Radio Shack is a great example: A well known name and reputation puke

Dean

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
I like the DSX40; I have installed quite a few of these systems. The system is very reliable, easy to program, the system offers some great features, and if your company grows you can easily upgrade. Also, some time in the near future the system will support VOIP; just waiting for NEC to take the first step out of BETA.
The phones are pretty nice too.

-Ryan

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,802
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,374 Shoretel
189,059 CTX100 install
187,410 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 143 guests, and 402 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024