web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I'd like to know what was your most memorable (?) outage on a NEAX 2400 or 2000. I'd like to know also know what was its cause. Reason being is I have both of these systems under my care and the 2400ICS is getting old, and would like to know what to watch out for mainly to avoid any sort of outage.

Appreciate all information.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
I would make sure I have a good vender that does a monthly backup & has a good crash kit.

OP Offline
I do my own backups every week and everything is redundant, including rectifiers. I was just courious what else to watch out for...

We had a 2000IPS with VOIP get zapped by lightning a week ago. Killed the CPU and half the cards. A real nightmare relicensing the CPU again..

Regards,

Paul W
Now back to a 0 day week. Love these 7 day weekends.
OP Offline
Yeah, I think, here in Florida the biggest danger is lightning. I do my best to protect the system against it...

My worst problem is happening right now! I have a neax 2400 sim with 7 PIMs, when you pick up any phone (ETJ-16DD, Singleline phone)you get bad static, it happens as soon as you lift the receiver and you hit any RSTB card and the LED on the card flashes irratically and you get the static noise, I am getting Digital line failure messeges and I noticed the 2 of 3 DTRG T1 cards are showing amber bier alarms at the NIU at the carrier T1 card then clears after some time then does it again, Im getting a minor and spe alarm when it happens, Im not sure if the two problems are related, when you initialize online, sometimes it goes away for awhile sometimes it does't, I have replaced the DTRG T1 cards, replaced all the RSTB cards, some P00, SW21, and PC59 cards but to no avail, the static comes back, Has anyone ever seen this before? what could be causing it?, Frustrated, Please help.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,847
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,657 Shoretel
189,553 CTX100 install
187,810 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Yoda, ALB300), 131 guests, and 263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024