Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Originally posted by scotttoolguy:
Did you enter the ext. number of your phone, or the voicemail pilot number?
Hmm.. what's a voice mail pilot number again? But, yes I dialed 134 which is my extension.

Wheel is turning and it won't slow down.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

When you dial 43, that tells the phone to forward,(the brackets ask where to???), you enter where you want it to go, voice mail right??? when you entered your ext number the phone doesn't know what to do since you just sent the call back to itself. In the brackets you need to enter the ext number you dial for voicemail.

Scott.

OP Offline
Originally posted by scotttoolguy:
When you dial 43, that tells the phone to forward,(the brackets ask where to???), you enter where you want it to go, voice mail right??? when you entered your ext number the phone doesn't know what to do since you just sent the call back to itself. In the brackets you need to enter the ext number you dial for voicemail.
Dude.. you just made a whole lot of people so happy I got hugs!

Let me elaborate on this just incase someone else needs to know exactly how to perform the solution... my next post.

OP Offline
SOLUTION: Ok, there's two problems that occurred with the VM. One, when a caller dials an extension the phone repeatedly rings and never goes to voice mail. Turn off call transfer in the VM Transfer/Delivery options.

Secondly, the caller dials an extension and the phone sends the caller straight to voice mail. Find out the Voice Mail Box system phone number by pressing the Voice Mail button and see what number the extention points to. For example.. [134]-->[This Number]. Then hang up and press the SPKR button, press 43, and then dial the VM System phone number.

Works for us at least. Cheers!

OP Offline
Originally posted by ITIS Man:
Turn off call transfer in the VM Transfer/Delivery options.
Oops.. I meant turn on transfer.

If a station that is dialed via the autoattendant, goes directly to VM, then turn on TRANSFER to EXT = yes in that station's mailbox. At that station, access vm, go to SETUP options, then PERSONAL options, then TRANSFER and DELIVERY options, when you get to the prompt,... "transfer to your extension is off, shall I leave it off?".... enter 2 for "no".

If a station that is dialed via the autoattendant , rings the phone but never goes to vm, then at that station; press [SPEAKER], dial 43, enter the VM pilot number (probably 300) in the brackets, then press [SPEAKER].

"I didn't do it, and I won't do it again"
OP Offline
Originally posted by eriway:
If a station that is dialed via the autoattendant, goes directly to VM, then turn on TRANSFER to EXT = yes in that station's mailbox. At that station, access vm, go to SETUP options, then PERSONAL options, then TRANSFER and DELIVERY options, when you get to the prompt,... "transfer to your extension is off, shall I leave it off?".... enter 2 for "no".

If a station that is dialed via the autoattendant , rings the phone but never goes to vm, then at that station; press [SPEAKER], dial 43, enter the VM pilot number (probably 300) in the brackets, then press [SPEAKER].
It's nice to find a good forum where visitors can get answers. So many forums out there when I post a message it ends up in etheral la la land never to be seen again.

Thanks Sundance!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,810
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,378 Shoretel
189,080 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 130 guests, and 428 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024