Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
AG Offline OP
OP Offline
*** What we want ***
For a caller to be able to call our main number and enter an extension and have the phone system route the call off-premises to a home or cell phone.

We have been told for the NEC DSX-160 phone system to route calls off premises a phone has to be setup and you basically have the phone forward to a bin number.

In other systems I have worked with you could have the auto attendant or voice mail module foward off-premises WITHOUT having a phone. I do not want to 20 handsets in a closet simply forwarding calls to cell phones. That is expensive, cumbersome and inefficient ...

Please help ...

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You cannot have this happen by dialing an extension without having the physical phone itself forwarded; however, you may be able to do it through the single-digit menu.

The caller calls the main number and presses 1 for their party. Try sending press option 1 to #300P, where 300 is the bin number of the forwarding number. If you don't have Centrex lines, tandem trunks must be enabled and 2 phone lines will be used for the entire length of the conversation.

I believe this will work, but don't have a system to test with right now.

Anyone want to confirm?

"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to."
-- Jimi Hendrix

The DSX Auto-Attendant can be programmed to transfer calls to an external speed dial number.

You'e right, it's very doable. Several of my customers easily use the call forward off premise to their cell phones. If you are not using Centrex, you do have to enable tandem trunks and off-premise call forwarding. I typically set up a feature key for call forward. When you press that key, the system prompts for destination either internal or off premise. It's a piece of cake and works extremely well. My customers love that feature. I don't have the manual in front of me, but if help is needed please feel free to pm me. Good luck, although you won't need luck, just follow the procedure.

Al :db: :db: :db:

"Let Everything Be Done Decently and In Order" 1 Corinthians 14:40
oh yeah, it also prompts for type of calls you want forwarded...all calls, line calls, extension calls, etc. like I said, it's a piece of cake.

Al

"Let Everything Be Done Decently and In Order" 1 Corinthians 14:40
AG Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you for the replies.

I know how to setup a bin number and call forward off premises from the phone, but that still requires a phone for each forwarded extension.
The problem is having a handset for each line you have to forward ..... 20 remote users = 20 handsets.

I do not have Centrex lines, but have enough capacity that using 2 lines/transfer is not an issue. I have never heard of the single-digit menu, but I will try that later this week.

Here's a way to do it using speed dial bins:

You will want to assign assign off-prem "extensions" in the 200 range to utilize the speed dial bins. In this example I am using speeddial 280.

in program 1701, speed dial bin 080 (equals 280)
assign line group 90, then the tel # i.e, P765-1235P (where P equals Pause)

In your dial table, Program 4231
I used digit 2 of the dial table, assigned as UTRF, then input I#2XXP.

The "I" ignores the digit 2 of the dial table, the "#" points the UTRF toward the speeddial bins, 2 is the leading digit for the speeddial bins, and XX represents any other speeddial bin digits, "P" = pause.

Now, when a caller hears the autoattendant, which should include instructions for reaching off-prem coworkers ....."to reach Dave, please dial 280.." The autoattendant will route the call to bin 280 which dials Dave.

This works great with "Call Transfer (Centerx) with a Flash programmed into the dial string. Tandem trunking should also work provided it is turned on for each trunk in 3103-04.

"I didn't do it, and I won't do it again"
wow! Nice job eriway!

That looks like it will work very slick.

AG Offline OP
OP Offline
eriway,
Thank you! Your solution works great. There is a noticeable delay while the system forwards the call, but it certainly works.

Thank you again!!!! WOOHOO!!!

Originally posted by AG:
*** What we want ***
For a caller to be able to call our main number and enter an extension and have the phone system route the call off-premises to a home or cell phone.
The solution eriway provided is a nice work around, but what you really asked for (and more) is on the way. Stay tuned ...

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,460 Shoretel
188,321 CTX100 install
187,092 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 194 guests, and 418 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024