web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Taber Offline OP
OP Offline
I recently joined a small company as the resident IT person and have decided to learn as much about the phone system in place as possible as early as possible.

The office here has about 15 total analog phones with an Aspire system. Things have been running smoothly since installation in 2006, I'm told, but they'd like to make a small tweak on one of the incoming lines. E.g., essentially, "Line 5" is associated with a standalone website/business (retail front end of our wholesale business). After hours or with no answer, all calls on all lines are directed to the same voicemail system and we don't want this to happen.

I've been told that the system was purchased direct from NEC (I don't see where that would've been possible...), and that the trunker who set it up has since, believe it or not, passed away.

I'm not completely inexperienced in PBX configuration (though I have primarily worked with Asterisk-based VoIP systems), nor am I afraid of reading several hundred pages of documentation. Rather than calling in a dealer immediately (sorry!), I am wondering if anyone has general tips or pointers on where my research should begin.

I have been able to confirm access to Aspire US PCPro 7.13 and UltraMail Admin, I've been able to perform a backup of the existing configuration/s, and am nosing through the various system reports... as well as the manuals which I have been able to dig up.

Any recommendations or additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I would set that line up as a DID and point it to a extension or virtual ext and give that extension vm. Do you have any digital phones on the system? With the digital phones you just program a call cover button and a vm button for that extension.

Actually I think Crisco meant DIL.
DIL it to virtual extension
Set Callfoward immediat to VM
Set up MB of that Virtual extension.
Define it as subscriber or callrouting
good Luck

[Linked Image from i26.servimg.com]
TouchPoint Networks.

Serving the Northwest Since 1991
NEC Shoretel Zultys T3 Tadiran
Thanks Bill. Thats what I was thinking.

Taber Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks, Crisco & Bill, for the replies. I'm thumbing through my manuals' DIL sections as we speak.

All the phones in use here are 22-button Aspirephone models, so I suppose that we could, indeed, setup a VM button for easy access.

On an unrelated note, I'm a bit confused about access to WebPro. I am certain that I was able to access the web interface using the ASPIRE login previously; now I am unable to login using that or ADMIN1, etc. I am able to login using PCPro, however.

I know that I can only use one concurrent login for programming, but I would imagine that being out of the system for a few days would drop any open connections.

Thanks again.

Taber Offline OP
OP Offline
Scratch the part on the login troubles. I was able to verify the login combos via 90-02.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,812
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,378 Shoretel
189,081 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (paulw), 129 guests, and 427 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024