web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I'm going to post this here for google to find as it's apparently a common problem and our techs never found a forum out there with the correct answer.

Computer: HP Pavilion 752n
Motherboard: ASUS P4G-LA
Audio: AC'97 Down
Codec: ADI1981A
Chipset: 845GL

BEWARE: There are two different motherboards for this system. Make sure you're computer has the same chipset, etc.

The common issue is after a hard drive failure in a 752n, you haved no access to the hidden partition to access the recovery disks. If you reloaded Windows XP on one of these machines, you couldn't load the audio drivers. If you find the audio drivers online from RealTek, it'll get about 80% through the installation and the computer will reboot.

If you're having this problem, one of these two drivers should fix your issue:

https://www.pcpartner.com/pcpartner/support/utility/alc650.zip

https://www.pcpartner.com/pcpartner/support/utility/alc20x.zip

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

The AC97 driver is often a bugger-bear. Though it's an Intel "standard", everyone from Aopen to Texas Micro has implemented the circuitry into their motherboard somewhat differently. As such, drivers from Intel, RealTek or C-Media will sometimes cause a CPU freeze or reboot.

Recently, I had to hunt down an AC97 and graphics controller for an Itox G4S660B (the motherboard used on a customer's DuVoice DV4, which had a physically damaged memory stick and hard disc). What a chase it was to find this stuff!

Utilities to have on hand for identification and troubleshooting include Belarc Advisor , the Intel Chipset and Processor Identifications Utilities and SiSoftware\'s Sandra Lite XII diagnostic and benchmarking tool.

Once you DO find the correct AC97 driver, I DO NOT recommend using Windows Update to install what it thinks is a new or better driver.

I am so sorry that I missed your post on this, Trace. Please PM me if you ever get into a similar jam again.

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,809
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,377 Shoretel
189,073 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, Keyset6), 143 guests, and 411 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024