web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have a Norstar Star Talk Mini voice mail system and a Norstar Compact DR5 Phone System. I am able to set the time for the phone system without a problem, but I can't find any info on changing the date and time for the Voice Mail. My phone installer is stumped as well. Can anyone help? I don't have a terminal program installed, so I would need to do this from an administrator's handset. Is it possible?

TIA.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Startalk voice mail is dependant on Norstar system time and date.If you have set Norstar time and date,that is all that needs to be done.

In Memory of Moderator Bruce Owen who pass away Jan 20 2004.
http://www.owentel.com
OP Offline
Thanks for your quick reply.

I know that the VM should pick up the time from the phone system, that's the problem. I just did a test and sent a message to myself at 10:10 AM on Nov. 1, the envelope info on the message - according to the Star Talk Mini - is 11:36 AM on April 24.

Now my thought is to shut down and reboot the Star Talk Mini, but I am guessing that will mean that all of the saved messages will be lost. And besides, I am not real comfortable with doing this procedure. What do you think?

OP Offline
Just to clarify, the time and date on the Phone System said Nov. 1, 10:10 AM

Thanks Again!

Before you reboot,let me do some checking.

O.K. heres the deal.....Startalk Mini's are not Y2K compatible.You can try Feature 984 or Feature 987 to reset the time,but your date will always be off...UNLESS...you go back through calendars and find a year that todays day and date match.No matter what, your year will never be correct.

RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
Let me add this.
I have had some of the Y2K issues, here's what I found:
1. Don't know of any systems that use the year or display it anywhere.
2. If you open your time, in your computer (bottom right corner of your desktop) go to adjust time (right click on the time) and fine a year where the same day falls on the same day, like 1990 is the same as 2001, then use that year on your system and you'll not have a problem for another 9 years or until the system thinks it year 2000 again.

But what Bruce said. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

OP Offline
THANK YOU! Sometimes the most troublesome things have the simplest answers! This worked like a charm!

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,805
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,374 Shoretel
189,059 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
4 members (Toner, Touch Tone Tommy, Professor Shadow, Carl Navarro), 164 guests, and 400 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024