web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Yeah but when your two year old turns about 6 or 7 you'll want that Content Filtering Service :rofl:

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Proxy server, Linux, free, works just as good for the 11 year old....

OK, I'll admit I'm cheap, but not easy! laugh

Joe
---
No trees were harmed as a result of this posting; however, many electrons were severely inconvenienced.
We've had better success with a custom built linux router than the Sonicwall TZ170 when using the router for VOIP. Have a computer shop build you a custom computer running Linux with IPcop firewall software.
The advanatages are:
1) initial cost of router is less than a TZ170
2) no licensing required for QOS or content filtering
3) more processing power
4) a less popular product is less likely to be exploited--thus it's a more secure firewall.
5) the dan's guardian web content filter is the best there is! The weighted phrasing technology is a totally different concept from filters that work from a database.

https://www.ipcop.org/
https://dansguardian.org/

ElectSys Tech LLC
Hosted Phone Systems Solutions Provider
Allworx, Sangoma, FreePBX
Telephone & computer systems in the Jefferson City, Columbia MO area.
Originally posted by MacGyver:
...Between DISA and the Sonicwall ....
What is DISA? Got a link?

DISA stands for Direct Inward System Access. It's part of the phone switches and allows telephone techs to dial in from a remote location and receive intercom tone. From there it's like being in the offices. You can transfer to different extensions, connect to modems, or in our cases we can even jump to the X10 Control Boxes to remotely unplug servers, routers, etc. and then plug them back in for a hard reboot when nothing else is working to regain a response.

We use the sonicwall devices everywhere. I LOVE the content filer, gateway AV and gateway anti spyware.
I used to spend most of my time going to clients just to clean up viruses and spyware, etc, but after the sonicwall and running symantec 10 across the networks, I can spend more of my time fixing real problems.
Also, we are a sonicwall reseller and unlike other companies they will not contact your clients directly and allow you to make a few bucks on renewals.
All of our clients are so happy with the performance and new security that they are more then happy to pay their yearly renewals.
Support is awesome as long as you buy the package, we always get the 8x5 and the few times I had issues, they were resolved quickly.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
How are the sonic walls with :
1. Port Forwarding
2. Do they offer an IP helper set up similar to the cisco's?
3. VPN Client Software?

Right now I have two car dealerships linked with a Netgear FVS318 @ each point. With the upgrades to Reynolds and Reynolds they are doing this weel, I'm finally able to talk them into a better firewall.

I'm not too familiar with the "IP helper" but as far as port forwarding and VPN they're very solid.

We use a Global VPN Client on our laptops to be able to VPN from anywhere. In some locations we also run a firewall to firewall connection to keep two campuses connected together 24/7.

We've had great luck with the Adtran routers/firewalls/VPN devices. They have a 5 year warranty/updates on the software.

IP helper is used to forward UDP requests from another subnet, this is typically used to forward DHCP requests. By default all L3 broadcasts are not forwarded. By default ip-helper will forward 8 broadcast types:
UDP SERVICE
PORT
67 BOOTP Client
68 BOOTP Server
69 TFTP
137 NetBios
138 NetBios Datagram

My experience with Sonicwall is limited and I am not trying to insult anyone but I feel the devices are better suited in the SOHO environment as opposed to the enterprise environment.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,809
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,377 Shoretel
189,073 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 131 guests, and 381 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024