Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
So this guy was a helper and your man was the lead tech on the job? I would speak to your man about about being a LEAD tech.

I think you're on the right track and are being very fair. Good luck!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

walterv Offline OP
OP Offline
Update

nfcphoneman, The lead tech did the right thing no need to talk to him, As soon as he found out what was going on he kicked him off the site and stayed late to complete the job. This was a
building where we were working on more than one floor so it was easy for this guy to disappear.

So here is the update.

After I cooled off I spoke with the owner of the contracting company (that was yesterday).
I must say he was apologetic and basicly understood where I was coming from. The tech has not worked for him long an he did tell me he had told him in the past to dress properly and not to have a stocking on his head... He also said he has never had any problems with his work. I did appreciate his honesty and I was glad I was not told: Wow this guy has worked for me for years and this is the first problem I ever had, that would of sent me over the edge.
The owner of the contracting company told me I did not have to pay him and he was not going to pay the subcontractor and he will never use him again.Being the nice guy I am I told the owner that I will pay him what he pays the tech ( or so called tech). I told him let me figure out the hours and I will let him know what I am going to pay.

So I get a call today from the CEO of this company, it seems that the tech left his ladder at the job site and 2 of his friends went back to get it (now I do not know if they were his friends or the contractors employees ) all ladders at the site were accounted for as being the other tradesmens that were working there... these 2 guys became abusive with the customer and when the CEO threatened to call the police they took off and said Angelo is on his way hear and he will take care of this..

So at this point I advised my customer to call the police if this guy shows up. I then explained to the customer that we usaully do not use contractors and the other 2 guys that were on the site were my employees, but because of the short notice you gave me I needed another helper on site to meet your target date to move in. I also apologized and told hin that I will never use this company again... My customer will be recieving a free wireless headset tommorow with a thank you note and again apologizing for the problem..

As far as the contractor goes Im done... as much as I feel that Art is a reputable businees man with the proper intentions he should not of taken a new account (me ) and sent out a guy like this... Remember I was paying him 50.00 per hour for a helper for a 3 day job.... there was plenty of money in the job for him to give me a real guy... not the stocking wearing dud he sent...

So tell me guys what do you think....

Walter

walterv Offline OP
OP Offline
I know that you need at least 25 posts to get in the installers forum... but if you look at my posts I would think that it would qualify as 50 posts....

Walter

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
I would have to agree with you, your good to go [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">So tell me guys what do you think....</font>
Now I'm going to let you have it Walter. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Why would you pay someone contractor $ 50.00 an hour when you could have paid your own employees the overtime, had it done right and had happy employees (a little extra cash on pay day)???
Are they making more than $ 50.00 an hour on overtime???

walterv Offline OP
OP Offline
Nop,
It was not about saving money, It was about not stressing my overwoked employees and geting the job done on time....

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Walt, I was thinking the same thing DTMF was. When presented with a crunch time, ask your guys if they want the extra overtime or maybe just offer them a "bonus" if they can meet the deadline.

One thing is for sure, hindsight is always 20/20, so don't do too much monday morning quarterbacking. Chalk it up to making life interesting.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,805
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,374 Shoretel
189,059 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
4 members (Toner, Touch Tone Tommy, Professor Shadow, Carl Navarro), 164 guests, and 400 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024