Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#34291 04/06/06 10:52 AM
OP Offline
I am trying to help a new customer out who has an old Comdial. I believe it is a 616, all it says on the ksu is Comdial. The keysets say imact on it and it is a 16 button phone. I have done very little work with comdial in the past and don’t even know how to get into programming. This customer will be upgrading soon but I want to keep them happy in the mean time.

Ok, so when someone makes a page, it does not come threw on one set. Also no one can intercom this set. But you can intercom out. It is just the one set. So I’m thinking that it will be the paging zone? I don’t think it is the set itself because you can hear noise threw the speaker.

Can someone PLEASE send me some info on this.

Thank you.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
welcome to the forums!!

If your using Impact phones I'm betting you have a GO 816:
[Linked Image from telbroker.com]

As I recall the old Executech systems 616, 824 or 1024 didn't support Impact phones.
Please take another look at the tag on the system and what impact phones are you using?...part # please.

OP Offline
I did look like that but longer and had the "COMDAIL" logog on it twice, I could not find any stickers or part #'s on the phones or cabinet. Assuming it is a 816, would you be able to send me some information on that and Ill try it. Ill also look again for any other part numbers. Even the equipment is not labeled on the bix. so that really is all the information I have.

Thanks

RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
The first thing you need to do is find out what you have...does the key unit look like the picture?

You might just have voice announce block activated, try dialing ITCM # 2 and see if that clears it.
Mark

OP Offline
Now im going to sound like an idiot, what button is the ITTCM? I did not see that button on the set...the set is a 8012S... just found the picture of it.

Thanks

OP Offline
nm, that was a stupid question. Ill give that a try.

Thanks guys smile

when you say no one can intercom that set, do you get a message in the display of the phone you are calling from? Is the phone in DND? Intercom #01 would turn that off. Voice announce block would not block you from simply intercom calling the phone. you hear noise from the speaker is possible they have turned on back ground music and have no music on hold playing so you hear "noise". possibly the phone's speaker is blown, you may be able to call it just cant hear due to the blown speaker, swap phones, see if that helps.
if all else fails go the the van and get a BFH that will fix it.

If voice announce block is activated, and the ring volume is set to 0, it would behave as he described. If it's all call paging he's refering to, that will be a tech programming issue.

That eye is really annoying. laugh

I think Mark has the right answer here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,805
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,376 Shoretel
189,071 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, justbill), 176 guests, and 402 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024