Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
NeilJH Offline OP
OP Offline
I have 2 questions related to my Comdial DX-80 system.

1) I am trying to program a button on my phone to put my system into night mode manually. I tried to reprogram one of the buttons to F63 from which I understand is night mode. I can program the button to this but when I hit it on the phone it says Code Unavailable. I am not sure why I am getting this.

2) In trying to access the admin VM box by 1st hitting 157 then XX I just get beeps after a few seconds. I am not sure what I am doing wrong here.

I am not much of a phone system guy as you can tell but I am very computer literate. Thanks for your help.

Neil

[Edited to correct spelling in Subject, for search purposes. ~Justin]

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

The code is unavailable because you must do it from Ext. 101 - the operator phone.

As for the supervisor box, that's not how you access it. Hit your voicemail button, press pound ( # ) until system says enter mailbox number, then enter the supervisor mailbox number, which may or may not be XX. Follow prompts from there.
Mark

NeilJH Offline OP
OP Offline
Mark thanks for your help. I was able to program the service/night mode button on ext 101 now its asking for a pw after I hit the button. What would be the default password?

Thanks again
Neil

Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
You will find the password in the user guide!

You can bypass the night button asking for a password each time by programming the button as a F63XXXX (XXXX being whatever your password is). Makes it easier for the end user. They press one button instead of 5 to switch modes.

Can anyone help me to change the recording for the night phone?

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Brittany,

Welcome to the board. welcome

Please start a new topic for this kind of question. It is a new question, not a response relative to helping the original poster with his question. If you're not sure how to post a new question, check out How to Post a Question.

Thanks!

Justin

NeilJH Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok one other question has come up. If I put the system into Alt mode can I set a VM box just for that mode? So if we are shutdown for the holidays or another time of the year I can just change the message in that box and put the system into alt servce mode.

Thanks
Neil

Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
If you get it to function let us know! A better way is to record up several greetings for the in use routing boxes and show them how to place new greetings on line!

NeilJH Offline OP
OP Offline
I am all game if there is a better way. Again I am not really that well versed in phone systems. Is there any instruction to guide me to the way you have proposed?

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,803
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,374 Shoretel
189,059 CTX100 install
187,410 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, KRRath), 135 guests, and 415 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024