Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#428860 04/15/07 11:35 AM
mathrap Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi guys,
I’ve a OS 7200 2.66 with 2 cabinets ,SVMI20 about 50 digital sets and 14 analog devices (modems, credits cards, analog sets) with 14 loop lines installed and working well since December last year.
Now the client replace all the lines with a 23 channels PRI. So i take out the SVMI on slot 5 main cabinet and relocated on available 1 slot on main cabinet and inserted the TEPRIa 1.45 version on slot 5of the main 7200(just for easiest changing renumbering plan) ,programming all the changing 806 for installing the new cards positions, then 724 for SVMI and TEPRIa , 430 for TEPRIa with the provider parameters(NI_1), all others parameters the default ones(DDI,23 channels) and checked all the switches on the card(ON,ON,OFF,OFF) and finally 424 to restart the card. Anything on the system seems by ok, the TEPRI and parameters but every time a connect the RG45 patch cord in the provider CSU after few seconds the system FREZZE !. On the keysets still have the standard display(station number and date), but all is jammed on the keyboard! When unplugged this patch cord everything become normal, no reset on the system nothing !I never seen this before on all the Samsung systems and we done more than few PRI integration ,ok some parameter adjustments but never this freezing issues. My first thinking was a link or hardware problem so i replaced the new patch cord and the TEPRIa card without any changes, wired!!! ,then a confirm with the provider any settings and make sure then loop connector provider is plugged the right lights are ON(B8ZX,ESF) .It’s in our side hi says ,anything on our side is verified and working(we already intergraded few PRI with the provider without any major problems), so my question is if a mistake on the settings could freeze the system???. Sorry , today i do a 811 with a memory clear(maybe a numbering plan conflict), and use a 28 set to redoing all the programming , no OSM. Anyone see this before?. The slot 5 seems ok, SVMI was before.Help! :bang:

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#428861 04/15/07 03:50 PM
After removing the svmi did you go to 806 and uninstall the card, then reboot the system? Might be a corrupted database. Try removing the PRI from the system, go to 806 change the slot to none. Reboot the system with nothing in that slot. Shut down and install the PRI in the slot and boot the system up. Try again. If this doesn't work try downloading a copy of the database onto a PC or laptop the defualt the system. Configure just the PRI card and see if it works. Other than that I can say I've never run into this issue before. The PRI can be installed in slot 3,4 or 5 of the main cabinet so it's not a slot configuration problem. Unless you have it in the expansion cabinet which it can only be in slot 3.

#428862 04/15/07 04:28 PM
If I'm reading you right it seems that you have already defaulted the switch and still had the same results. I would try moving the TEPRIA card to slot 3 if that doesnt work I would try swapping the MCP as it controls software, power and has the T1 clock on board. Another thought might be to check the LBO setting coming from your provider if you think its to hot have them change there setting lower.

#428863 04/15/07 07:18 PM
TEPRIa cards cannot be installed in slots 1 or 2 of an OS7200.

They must be in 3,4 or 5 of the main cabinet.
They are also theoretically allowed in slot 3 of the Expansion cabinet, but this is not recommended.

#428864 04/16/07 01:04 AM
mathrap Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for replay, after 811 with memory clear with no results, maybe MCP, but the system works well no complaints and with TEPRIa inserted no errors the system freeze only when trying syncro with the provider.What means LBO settings? It’s possible by the wrong settings to freeze? I’ve B8ZX light ON but never ESF on the CSU.

#428865 04/16/07 02:43 PM
LBO means line build out which is a setting used to condition the circut from a demark so that it can handle running through a feeder cable to the customer equipment without losing to much. If it set to high it could be comming in to hot but I have never had your trouble. What is the pri codeing NI2, DMS100, 5ESS?

#428866 04/18/07 01:47 PM
mathrap Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi guys,
Sorry for the delay but 2 last days was very busy for me. The solution for make working this PRI was to change the card from slot 5 to 3 on the main cabinet(today in early morning), and move, renumbering the 16DLI , but still have a 10 sec. intermittent freezing on the system until the PRI synchronizing with the CSU, after that everything’s seems okay. In the afternoon i do anther PRI integration with a similar OS 7200 with 2 cabinets with the same freezing before the PRI syncro. Both places OS 7200 are 2.66 with the last versions on the TERIa cards. I already send a email to Samsung tech support about this issues on 7200 with 2 cabinets, but for sure is like insufficient resources allowed for this configuration ,never see on OS 500. Maybe fixed on 2.69? About 2.69 we’ve already 2 systems installed the only bug discovered is then trying to registered a ITP51XX, you have a same error registration like before 2.48? The ITP50XX seems okay, thanks again for replay guys. :thumb:

#428867 04/20/07 09:20 AM
I hate to say it but the easiest way to find out for sure would be to default the system and configure the T1 and test it then load a download from your pc or SM or if you want to take a chance, download to your pc the database and default the system wait for about 2 minutes and then load the database from your pc so that you have a clean RAM and since the pc doesn't load software pointers like the SM you might just have a RAM issue.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,374 Shoretel
189,057 CTX100 install
187,410 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (JBean3329), 103 guests, and 419 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024