web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#437596 08/18/10 05:49 AM
OP Offline
Having a issue and our normal tech is on vacation, Users have voicemail and when trying to access just get bucked back to the phone system. After connecting to the serial port I see the following after a restart. Error Reading block table C:DTA\Block.tbl at 669 - Invalid data there are a pile of these and then it shows Block Table C:\Data\Block.tbl succesfully loaded.

I was able to contact our vendor who is on vacation and did the folowing xcopied the block.old over the block.tbl and warmbooted same result then xcopied the block.bak over block.tbl same result.I am thinking that the drive has some corruption where we are coping the file. Any ideas on if I can remove the drive and do some type of chkdsk to verify the drive is good? I am getting some pressure from the owner to get this resolved before the vendor gets back tomorrow.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Seems like your voicemail is faulty you could try and default the voicemail and reprogram

This happened to me on a few svmi's sometimes the copy of block and table worked. Sometimes we had to initialize svmi and reprogram.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
You can run a chkdsk on it the system from dos mode. But the system does this every restart.

The system copies the current block.tbl to block.old intermittently throughout the day, so your block.old is probably corrupted as well.

in the dta\original directory is the default block table file with a different extension.

Depending on what type of SVMi you have will depend on which of these you need to use.

Write down everything you have changed in your block table (menu's for AA, any special extension settings, etc) as this will mostly default your SVMi when you copy the original block file over.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,805
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,374 Shoretel
189,060 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Ruben, PhoneGuy827, justbill), 167 guests, and 411 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024