web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Sorry to inform you, but I am replacing an old Comdial switch with a new NEC.

Due to the Holiday Season a lot of the people are out of the office and have pending VMs.

I moved the Switch and the VM puter out to an other room and hooked up a phone.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a default way of logging into their own voicemail from another mailbox or from any phone.

Type of system unknown but here is the desciption:

Phone system is about 3 feet high and about 2 feet wide.
Cards slide in horizontally from bottom.
The VM is a WIndows based PC, There appears that there is lincord coming from the pc to a RJ1? port on the Phone System (port 3 I think) Not sure if this is some sort of serial integraton or used for programming the phone sytem)

This was an after thought so I didn;t take a whole lot of notice as to the details of this system.

I plug a phone into the system (ext 1002) and it comes up in the display as 39 messages (it was an extension that was unused) I enter voicemail and by pressing a button and I can start listening to messages. Pressing # or * didn't appear to let me log out of MB.

Can the main menu be accessed by dialing a Pilot Number? if so any suggestions of what a possible default 4 digit pilot number would be?

[Linked Image from i26.servimg.com]
TouchPoint Networks.

Serving the Northwest Since 1991
NEC Shoretel Zultys T3 Tadiran
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
Connect a digital set with screen to the 1st vm port from the system. Should tell you the extension number. If not, press the speaker button. This will be the lead number and port. Your description says FXT/S.

OP Offline
They aren't IST ports for the VM? Could have sworn it said something on the card that lead me to believe they were analog ports.

Since I won;t be on site I will be walking customer through this. If worst case scenario, I'll have him hook up an analog phone and call the digital set...hopefully that will display calling station.

TouchPoint Networks.

OP Offline
Also looking at pictures of the FXT/S it look a llitle newer....Had a card in it that would support super displays

TouchPoint Networks.

Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
If IST, connect your butt set and call set with screen. Windows PC with analog ports and serial integration??? If not an FXT/S maybe an FX unless this is a DSU.

Admin
Admin
Smells like an FXT or multiple cabinet FXII/MP5000...Hookup a phone and dial the first port of voice mail. When it answers press the # key usually twice and it will say "enter your mailbox number." Enter their mailbox number and it will ask for their password- then they can retrieve their messages. Does the customer have the Windows password to admin the vmail? If they do PM me and I'll tell them how to determine the first port of voice mail from the programming.

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
Thanks about the ##. I am 2.5 hours away and this part was an after thought

TouchPoint Networks.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,381 Shoretel
189,088 CTX100 install
187,414 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 136 guests, and 424 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024