Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hi.

I was wondering if pretty much all RJ45 Jacks modules fit keystone faceplate. Its this kind of the standard size most common or is this simple 1 of many different type of standards for fitting RJ45 jacks?

For example, the Amp Netconnect Item #: 406372-2 shown below in the picture.

[Linked Image from gallery.avsforum.com]

Thanks for your help.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

There are interchangable possibilities between inserts and faceplates from manufacturer to manufacturer. Some will and some won't. You never know till you try one.

No and it's all "keystone" jacks inserts not just the 8 pin.

There is no standard so manufacturers do what they want, probably so you will have to buy everything from them. Some will fit in another manufacturers plate but I find that most will not. Most times you wind up changing everything just to add a jack.

I think your chances are better if you stick with one of the major players than a no-name bargan brand since most conscientious installers are going to provide one of the major brands.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
I am with Hal and The Gman.

If you were to put that jack in a leviton plate it would fit but, loose. Reverse of that is so tight that you will more than likely break the plate trying to get it out. The amp surface mounts wont hold anything but amp. You get the picture. :rofl:

I think AMP did that for a reason. It's close enough to the keystone style that you can put AMP inserts into ICC,Leviton,Hubbell,etc. plates. So if you have a site that's been done with one of those products, you can still use AMP product to replace inserts. If you have a site that's all AMP, then only AMP inserts will fit the plates. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but it seems like a great way to fool people into using your proprietary system.

Sam, before you commit to something proprietary, make sure all of the insert types you might need are available locally.

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
We try to stick with Leviton stuff---and try other brands out in the shop to make sure they fit our stuff (or at least know what to expect at a new customers place).

The larger back side of some inserts have trouble fitting the 2-port surface boxes of Leviton. The insert may fit in the hole--but you can't get two in there.

We try to stick with just one brand of insert, plate and surface boxes if at all possible.

Also, if we stick with Leviton empty patch panels, instead of generic empty panels, we don't have to purchase the plastic 4-port adapters.

It's actually taken quite a while to figure some of this stuff out. We have also been told "Oh, these will fit ANY brand" Right. We have boxes of plates and surface boxes in our shop that won't work with Leviton---out vendor just said to "keep 'em--not worth the trouble to send them back". Too bad everything can't be standard--but it isn't.

Admin
Admin
Leviton and ICC are interchangable I use mostly ICC but if I'm in a bind several places sell Leviton

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
There is a reason I have so many samples around here smile
I like to see how all the different brands terminate, install, and work with each other!
Personally I use Leviton for pretty much everything. Of course, since I get the bulk of my parts through my dad's work...and they stock Leviton...that's what I buy. All of the major supply houses sell it too.
And I know...the big orange box does too. However, Lowe's sells Pass and Seymour.

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
OP Offline
Originally posted by JWRacedog:
We try to stick with Leviton stuff---and try other brands out in the shop to make sure they fit our stuff (or at least know what to expect at a new customers place).

The larger back side of some inserts have trouble fitting the 2-port surface boxes of Leviton. The insert may fit in the hole--but you can't get two in there.

We try to stick with just one brand of insert, plate and surface boxes if at all possible.

Also, if we stick with Leviton empty patch panels, instead of generic empty panels, we don't have to purchase the plastic 4-port adapters.

It's actually taken quite a while to figure some of this stuff out. We have also been told "Oh, these will fit ANY brand" Right. We have boxes of plates and surface boxes in our shop that won't work with Leviton---out vendor just said to "keep 'em--not worth the trouble to send them back". Too bad everything can't be standard--but it isn't.
Are you able to fit 1 AMP connect and 1 Leviton together or is the limitation only when fitting 2 amp connect together?

The site does have leviton right now and all rooms have CAT 5 cable(but not an Ethernet Jack). The cable is just sitting unused in most cases, I don't know what the builder was thinking.

If you have Leviton plates, you should stick with Leviton, ICC or Hubbell inserts. In my experience, the Leviton plates are very likely to break when using AMP inserts. If you had ICC or Hubbell plates, they stand up to the AMP inserts a bit better.

As for fitting two together, JWRacedog was referring to surface boxes. If you have a two port face plate, they will fit together without a problem. So long as the plate doesn't break in the process.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,812
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,378 Shoretel
189,081 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (ffej010, paulw), 107 guests, and 429 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024