web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
this is really making me frustrated .I've been looking on the net for a diagram or something that can explain to me how i can connect an RJ45 8 color scheme(brown, blue, yellow, green, red, black, orange, white) wires to a category 5e keystone jack. My problem is that the colors dont match. The cat5e color scheme is different . It is green/white, green, orange/white, blue, blue/white, orange , brown/white, brown. Can some one please help me .I registered to this site to ask this question .Who knew that a few wires would be so frustating.
HELP.

Carlos Guevara
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

It sounds like you might have 8 conductor flat silver satin, or something similar, that you are trying to terminate at a jack. Please correct me if I am wrong. This type of cable is made to be terminated with modular plugs. It cannot be terminated with a keystone jack in any reasonable fashion, and will not work for ethernet.

RCA Offline
What are you trying to accomplish? In your other thread you stated an RJ31X jack, do you have an alarm involved in this? What's the RJ31X going to be used for?

Rhett
Carlos,
There are to scheme: A & B. You describe scheme A which is a bottom row color. If you do other end the same your Network will work just fine. if you do one side A and other one B which is Or/W, Or, Gr/W, BL, BL/W, GR, BR/W, BR then you have a problem.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Hi Carlos welcome to the forum!

I agree with Clinton and RCA, that you should NOT terminate the flat 8 conductor cable into a keystone jack. It is not meant for that and will not maintain a solid connection over time, even if you could terminate it.

It would be really helpful to know what the application is that you're attempting. Is it an alarm, MoDem, router/switch, or some other connection?

Whatever the application, I'm sure that the proper materials exist for the correct termination of it. The flat 8 conductor is most likely a flipped cable for console programming of some sort and should be left in-tact, with mod-ends on each side.

Thanks,
Tony

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
Admin
Admin
T-568A Straight-Through Ethernet Cable
[Linked Image from clohwireless.com]

T-568B Straight-Through Ethernet Cable

RJ-45 Crossover Ethernet Cable

Images taken from web page

Also this may help web page

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
A different problem is probably going to be this. If this is a flat wire (silver satin) it will probably be stranded wire. Terminating stranded wire should not happen unless it's going to be on a modular plug. Like the one above me is showing.

I'll put it to you simply. You are using the wrong wire dude.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
than you very much guys. This really helps . My purpose was to use the the cable for the internet but i will try differnet wire and not use the keystone . I think i've got some moduar plugs around . Thanks again guys , You saved some time.

Carlos Guevara
OP Offline
UPDATE> I just went and tried a mudular plug like Clinton suggested and used different cable and it worked. But I got to tell the truth and I think Rca caught this I was using rj31x cabe instead of rj45 ,I just figured the wires were colored thjeh same way. But again it work and I would not have been able to do it with out ur help. THanks

Carlos Guevara
There is stranded category 5 patch cable that uses those 8 solid colors. Of course, it can't be punched into a jack either, but those colors do exist beyond silver satin.

I also have some cat 5 that uses those colors but has a slate wire instead of white.

-Nelson

That slate was probably just a dirty white in a cheap cable.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,397 Shoretel
189,124 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (nortelvoip, justbill), 160 guests, and 450 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024