web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have a great laugh for you all.

Yesterday i went out to look at a big job it needed 23 cables ran and the installation of a ESI S Class. Well i though that i would be running the cables since i was doing the reinstall of the phone system so I went to the office to get the needed materials to cable the building when i got 2 out of town down system calls. So the electrician doing the job called in some people that decided to rum 23 cables for 800 dollars and heck i was out there today setting up the system and saw the heinous work that they did it was so out of normal standards. I took several pictures and i will load them up and let yall see what i had to deal with it was priceless.

They ran cables in the ceiling and i got a call from the contractor I have to go and pull all those cables out tomorrow since the inspector failed inspection. they had cables running all over the ac duct work and they even ran cables under grid wire and the sad thing about it was as they were running them into the equipment room i was terminating them all so it makes me so mad that people can slop work in and get away with it.

Pictures to be put up later tonight or tomorrow

Jules B Chauvin
J & K Telecom LLC.
101 Parkwest Drive Ste 4
West Monroe, LA. 71291
(318)582-2515
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Nothing would surprise me anymore either. Twice this week I had the same experience....job walk at a recording studio and I commented "it should be easy to get the cables pulled in right now since the ceilings are open to the rafters" - answer - "Oh, the drywaller is closing all of that up starting tomorrow". Next a 15,000 sq ft Bank executive offices, all conduits too small and in the wrong places for the conference room AV work - sure enough, the drywallers will be one siding the next few days and are calling for inspection on Friday.

OP Offline
yeah i know how you feel

Jules B Chauvin
J & K Telecom LLC.
101 Parkwest Drive Ste 4
West Monroe, LA. 71291
(318)582-2515
Fantastic story. One after another we see customers going the cheap route to put it mildly.

Some are shortsighted, then some really are dying on the vine and cutting all costs.

Our profits right now are the third best year since 1984 thanks to shortsighted people buying from people like Mr. 800 dollar cable guy. We charge much higher margins to go in a clean up messes than we do to tackle a cabling job ourselves from the start.

Online Content
OMG, I've seen this over and over lately. Customer is moving, looking for a quote on cabling their new office. We give them a price and they go with a guy who beats us by thousands less. Then I have to go in afterwards to fix the problems. It looks like $h!T but the customer doesn't care. Then they bitch about our invoice!

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,396 Shoretel
189,121 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (dwflood, justbill), 118 guests, and 424 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024