Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
OP Offline
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Originally posted by PaulatOTI:
I just got a copy of the Email from Jason at ESI where he sent the customer a letter stating the outcome should they purchase from a Non-ESI Dealer. So it's a waiting game now to see how this turns out.
Let us know ..... if they end up buying a solution without adequate support i would try and make a stink somehow.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I seem to be confused. We can still get the 48 key phones right? I have not seen an "end of life" release on these.

SST Offline
48 keys are now listed in the legacy portion of the pricing list. They will still be around for the foreseeable future to support the IVX line. The 24 key phones are sill in the current portion of the pricing list.

I did an install this week with the new 60 key phones. Gave the customer a choice of 48 or 60 key phone and she chose the 60 key and paid the extra charge. Glad she did. Love the fact that I dont have to spend my time doing desi strips and love the visual voice mail feature. Hope to sell only 60 key phones with the Com server.

As far as the non ESI dealer selling Com Servers, ESI should cancel the dealer that allowed that to happen.

CERTIFIED ESI DEALER IN WEST CENTRAL GA
GO DAWGS!
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
I'm very impressed the way ESI seems to be standing up for its dealer.

I have installed a few of the new phones, here is my take.

The ESI 40 phone is a sharp looking phone, basically the same cost as the 48 Key but has 31 keys, 16 programmable. IMHO, that is still plenty of buttons for all the unique features you want to put under a button. The desi on the 40 phone is also much easier to manage and will take less time to deploy. I like the phone and give kudos to esi for this phone. Hey, if you have a user that needs more buttons you can hook up a DSS to this phone, or for that user give them the 48 Key phone. The 48 Key phone is still available and from what I am told will be for quite some time.

The ESI 60, this phone is a back lit, full duplex phone, compare that to the 48 key that is back lit and full duplex, the cost difference is minuscule. Since this is a Desi-Less phone, installation of this phone will be less time, more than makes up the additional cost. This phone also has other benefits the 48 Key does not. Kudos again to ESI. Also on the IP end, there is a Gigabyte phone available, this is a must have going forward in the IP sector.

The 24key phone,
Price in line with a down and dirty phone, good move keeping this phone around.

Overall,
I like what they have done, the new line of phones are great, when I present all 4 models of phones, 60, 40, 48 key and 24 Key, nobody chooses the 48 key, at least not in the last 5 sales calls I have been at since the release of the new phones.

I am anxiously awaiting the Beta release of the color video media phone, I have played with a few others from other manufactures, from what I saw at the roll out, all I disliked about the ones I have played with, ESI has addressed, that phone (if priced right) will be a deal closer, especially if you know the pitfalls of the other like phones on the market. I overheard Doug say that ESI (time of the roll out) had already invested over a million dollars in R&D of this phone.

Walter spot on. I am also awaiting that phone too. Just such a great idea.

I like the new ESI-60 due to no desi labels mostly and the menu for dss keys is cool, seems a little slugish though going between menus and visual voicemail is nice but seems to lag.

ESI Master Tech, ICC Master Tech, Keyvoice, Comdial, Ipiphony, Cisco UC500, ATT Synapse, A+, Net+,
Moderator-ESI - Executone
Moderator-ESI - Executone
anybody try copy and paste yet on the 60D...I made a mess ( again )it seems like the viewing area is not big enough to do a click-shift-click...it didn't work.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
Brian,
I have not tried the copy and paste on the 60 or 40 model phones yet, however I did try today to do a copy and paste on the 48 key phone and it didn't work either. I just upgraded the SW to 16.5.37. When installed it was 16.5.28 and and I was using Version 1.2.14.7 of ESI Programmer and the copy and paste worked then. But now using Version 1.2.14.13 of ESI Programmer and System SW Version 16.5.37 the copy and paste won't work.

Paul

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,372 Shoretel
189,055 CTX100 install
187,410 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 119 guests, and 407 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024